would pay $200 for video of this race | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

would pay $200 for video of this race

last night i was on my way to a dance competition (my girlfriend was in it) i left my dorm and turned left onto mill avenue (the main drag here in tempe, for about a mile there are restaurants and stores lining both sides of the street) i noticed a black sp8 waiting to turn left onto mill at one of the lights as i passed and i slowed down so that it would catch up after it turned so i could see it. i got caught in the left lane at the light at mill and university (one end of the major shopping area) and the saleen pulled up right beside me. i looked over but i couldn't see in at all and couldn't tell who was driving or what they were thinking i bumped ja rule a minute then turned it down, deliberately hit the fake nos remote bottle opener and arming switch (gotta psyche em out lol, it was really just my fogs and my bass remote nob) the left turn light turned green and we both got serious. i could hear the saleen revving hard. i glanced over at the race craft suspension sticker and reveled in the fact that i was a bit lower. finally the turn light turned yellow and we new the race was upon us. our light went and i got the jump pretty good (he may not have had awd, but i didn't hear wheel spin either) by the top of first gear he was just at my rear end and he held it their until the top of second when his truck shifted around 55-60 and where mine pulls hardest at the top of the powerband between 60 and 70 and i new i had him good. when i shut down at 75 it was a good car length between his front and my rear. i was so excited, i glanced in the rear view and i could see the guy driving and i swear he was crying lol

i can't imagine what all the pedestrians were thinking. most people don't even realize that explorers come with v8s, let alone that a saleen explorer exists or a "svt cobra" explorer either (i know mines fake, but to the average person its not any more far fetched than the saleen). if i'd been sitting their i would have gone crazy watching this race. not to mention how much faster than we really were people probably thought we were running (most saleens are damn fast vehicles and most people know that, and don't know that the sp8 isn't) what do you guys think? anybody else been in a race like this?

p.s. we don't really have a kill forum here 'cause we're a more "adult" board, but times like this i think we need one.

why not modify it further? because it might lose value? or because you just don't want to go faster? you could get some nice gains from that superchip, but nothing like a new cam and some nos or a charger. i'm sure if you start hanging out here you'll end up wanting to do some more mods.

btw- the way that race went and my truck revving i couldn't have heard the tell tale whine of the charger. lol.

I live on an island 30miles off the coast of Cape Cod MA called Nantucket. It's a small quiet place, no stop lights, but there is a nice drag strip. Actually its just under a quarter mile straight road call New South Rd. Many people spend Sundays there or meet up there to see who's car's got more nuts. Ive only raced three cars there, a GMC Jimmy, Jeep Cherokee, and a new Chrysler Sebring. With my stock 95 explorer I whooped the jimmy with exhaust, the cherokee with many mods exhaust filtercharger and then some, and the sebring...hm...that was not so good but really close. I was in first shifting with the column shifter, neck and neck when i maxxed out the rpms at 5000 shifting into 2nd a second too late...Gotta love the explorers...

Back