• Register Today It's free!

XLT Rear Seats Into a Sport

crashwave

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson NJ/Rochester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Ok so I just got a new leather interior for my '99 Explorer Sport, and the "new" leather interior is out of a '99 Explorer XLT. I'm curious if it is POSSIBLE to mount the XLT rear seats into the Sport...

If it's just the mounting points that are different then that isn't really a problem. But I can't really see why they wouldn't fit...The width of the XLT rear seats (both together, in the upright position) and the Sport seats measure the same...right?

Anyone have any experience with this, or insight?

I'd really appreciate any and all feedback on this. If there's a will, there's a way, as they say.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone? please?

They won't fit.

Originally posted by Alec
They won't fit.

Ok, I have a '99 Sport and my dad has a '99 XLT. I did full measurements of the width of the seat, and how high the side bolsters are above the wheel well, and it is exact. I don't understand how they won't fit? :(

Regardless, it's worth a shot. I'll see if I can "make it work."

correct me if im wrong, but on the sport, doesnt the rear seat sit between the wheel wells? on an XLT the seats sit forward (and higher) than a sport (I could be wrong, I haven tbeen in a sport lately...)
--Bryan

The Sport rear seat is only a 2 seater b/c there is only room for 2 people (and there are only 2 seat belts). you would have to cut the bench and do a whole bunch of fab work b/c even the legs that mount the bench won't work b/c the seats in a Sport and an XLT are completely different.

Back