XM Radio Antenna Placement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XM Radio Antenna Placement

Bob

Reaction score
I just got the Delphi Skyfi set up for my 2000 Explorer XLT. Installation, using the stuff from Crutchfield looks fairly straightforward. I'm wondering where to mount the antenna. I see from some posts that a few of you have mounted them in the rear and run the cable through the tailgate. I'm worried about interference from the roof rack and was thinking more of placing the antenna near the front or at least mid-roof. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this and any advice on running the cable, etc. Thanks for all your help!

I put mine near the rear too... Just make sure its not under one of your roof rack rails...

The reason I put mine back there was beacause I didn't want all of that cable draped accross the roof of the truck...

i had mine going out my sunroof in the front. it looked really good there but created wind noise.
i just moved it to the back tailgate and no more noise.
the main thing is how much loose cable you want out there and if you want it centered on your roof

Originally posted by Heath
I put mine near the rear too... Just make sure its not under one of your roof rack rails...

The reason I put mine back there was beacause I didn't want all of that cable draped accross the roof of the truck...

Same for me. It works flawlessly.

Back