Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge

gonna run 35's or stick with 33's?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am thinking about sticking with 33's. Then I will not have to deal with rubbing issues and I might get better travel numbers by using 33's.

ok well after about two weeks the deaver's finally came in...truck goes in to camburg tuesday....still never found a driveshaft so i'm leaning towards getting one made most likely out of aluminum...i was quoted 350 that includes u joints, slide in transmission sleeve, and powdercoat...it will be ready to bolt on so i think that sounds pretty good and then the truck will be done...yeah!!! YA RIGHT..

I dont know about the 35's I am thinking about just staying with 33's so I can get better wheel travel numbers. But I will see when I get the glass on.

Hey I am glad to hear you are getting the rear done hopefully I will get to see it at Camburg next week because I should be picking up my kit sometime next week.

Also why do you need to get a new driveshaft?
And what type of shocks are you running in the rear?

And when you get your X back let me know how you like your rear setup because I need to figure out something for the rear of my X. I was thinking about linking the rear and running coil-overs or going your route.

ya i would link the rear if i had 4,000 to do it....but the deaver's are expensive enough....i have to find a new driveshaft b/c when i did my SOA i had to lengthen it an inch....so i don't think that it will work when i go back to spring under plus i can't afford to be without a car for more than one day so i don't want to take any chances
i'm running bilstein 5150's in the rear: 10" with 255/70 valving

Oh ok I was thinking you needed a new driveshaft because of the Deavers. I did not know you had done a SOA in the rear. That makes sense now.

Are you going the run limiting straps and air bumps in the rear?

Hey How do you like your tires?
How is the wear on them? do they wear weird or do they wear good?

they are the best mud tire i've ever seen.....my friends think so too.....it wears so good....i couldn't ask for a better tire....i'm not gonna run bumps in the rear just limiting straps....i'm contemplating taking my sway bar off also

ok it's official....12 ply deaver springs are on...they are so smooth...i got about 4" out of them so i'm pretty pleased..i also got a new driveshaft made...fully aluminum from flange to flange and weighs less than half of the stock driveshaft...so all in all a pretty good month...camburg front, deaver's out back, and no money to my name!!! pics soon to follow

ya josh so far so good....by nice i'm assuming you mean the lift b/c the no cash in the wallet is no fun for right now....and after everything you've been through i know you can relate...hey i forgot to ask you are your deaver's ...10,11,12... ply?

that sounds good! im ordering my parts tomorrow so ill let you guys know what the final plans are.

ok here are the issues i have so far....i think the last time i jumped this thing i bent a shackle...the passenger side sits square | but the driver's side sits like this / looking at it from the rear, the driver's side sits a full inch lower than the passenger (i don't even have a full tank), and the driver's side lower mount on the swaybar drop down bracket sits like an inch and a half lower than the passenger side lower mount....i know it's not the spring sagging(obviously)....what do you guys think is the deal??? i'm kinda worried about it b/c an inch and a half difference between the mounts on the swaybar is a pretty big deal they should sit even w/eachother or relatively close...

i cant think of anything that it would be other than a bent shackle or the springs being very soft and you having a full tank of gas. im kinda stumped.

on another note i ordered all the parts today, consisting of the edge 6.0, explorer deavers, frame gussets, and 4 2.5 kings, i decided to go with the 2.5 kings instead of the 2.0 foxes to help with shock fading and also since Jonny Richer can get the kings for 300 instead of 400 :D

oh yeah and if anybody wants some brand new fox 2.0 x 8.5 stroke resivoir shocks let me know

BigDave!!! said:
oh yeah and if anybody wants some brand new fox 2.0 x 8.5 stroke resivoir shocks let me know

Heh no way i could afford them buy how much? Front or Rear shocks....

they can be for either, for the front you would need to build shock hoops and make a new lower mount. for the rear they are bolt on. i bought them for 185 a piece and had them specially valved for my explorer so i cant return them so im trying to sell them for 160 a piece, i also only have two of them, never out of the box

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

By the way Xplorerkid, do you still need those brakelines because i still have them

Back