Dana 60 being installed under my 91 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dana 60 being installed under my 91

Progress has finally begun.
The Dana 60 is completed and ready for installation.

Here is the scoop.

I had a local shop put together a reverse cut Dana 60 with 5:13 Gears and an ARB. I am sticking with the ARB because I like it and my TTB had an ARB in it, so all the plumbing is there. The 60 has a center section from a 80s F-350. The Tubes are from something he had around the shop. The Axels are 35spline and cut to fit my application. I put in my order about 6 months ago. Due to him being a friend and letting him get parts as they became available, it took some time. I was not in any rush as I appreciate the work and cost involved if I were to have purchased it elsewhere.
Anyway, the axel is in and I almost completed the teardown. Let me say this. Half of the brackets and components under the front of my EX were either brocken or bent really bad. I had no idea it was such a mess under there. I am so glag the POS is out of there.

FST is going to build my front end. When completed it will have a 4 link and Coil Overs. The rear will be the 8.8 with 5:13s and a E-Locker. I will get springs to match the front end. I will be running 37 or 38 inch Boggers on 15 inch bead locks.

I forgot my camera I will have pictures next time around.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any updates on this? Also are there any pictures of the upper link mount on driverside frame rail. Was laying under mine trying to figure out how to fit one arund the driveshaft.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I have pulled the steering pump and box and delivered them to Benchworks to have them upgraded ;)
They will rebuild the pump and change it to a higher output. The box will be rebuilt and ported to run a steering ram. I will be picking up the ram this week.
I will not be working on the week in-between X-mas and New Years and my plan it to finish the suspension and steering. By the middle of January I want to be on the trail. We will see :confused:

I have Ricks old rear bumper and I am having a front one built they should be done to meet my schedule.

I will test it out a bit then make any changes and hopefully before the Serious Explorations run in March I want to have a rollcage.

Can't wait to see how awesome these D60's are gonna look on the trail.

How long till we see some pics? :)

A little progress,

Front bumper is nearly complete in moc-up form.
Purchased a like new Superwinch
Had Dunbar Spring duplicate Ricks rear springs

I just need to piece it all together.

I will make the EXPLORER RUN!!!!!

Rear springs are in, need to set pinion angle and weld the perches. That 60 is pretty big and I might need to re-locate the fuel cell. I will need to fab some bananna shackles. I am hoping that the guys can start on my front end today.

subscribing for updates

TTIWWOP :)

TTIWWP
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures

Arent they all!
Its like Playboy articles, no pictures no happy pants.

Sorry, I did not have my camera, I will update soon enough.

Pictures

Attachments

• Rear Top.JPG
    Rear Top.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 452
  • Rear Side.JPG
    Rear Side.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 448
  • Rear Up.JPG
    Rear Up.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 444

More

Attachments

• Rear Low.JPG
    Rear Low.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 454
  • Side Tire Out.JPG
    Side Tire Out.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 436

Front End Work has begun again

Attachments

• Front Tucked D.JPG
    Front Tucked D.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 443
  • Front Tucked P.JPG
    Front Tucked P.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 440

haha! Kickass man :)

You still around Hammer??

I am still here. New job that includes 12 hours of dealing with idiots :fire:
Went to the fab shop last night to work on the race truck, nothing new on my truck but we did sit down and put together a plan to get the thing moving.
I bought another mustang. A 90 police interceptor. I am going to build a drag car. I have not been able to go 4wheeling might as well start drag racing.
I hooked up my paint manager and Matt to trade some work. Matt did a spring over conversion, shackle reversal, new driveshafts and slip yoke eliminator kit on a 91wrangler. In trade he gets his Bronco completley stripped down, body work done and painted.
Thats about it. :rolleyes:

wow a 90 stang interceptor....oooh thats a fun project. :)

I am always willing to trade work for body work and paint too :)

Someday the Ex will run again?!?

You don't need another project Hammer... You need to get that Explorer done!! :eek:

Back