My 2013 Limited has a build and delievery estimate | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Limited has a build and delievery estimate

Order Staus

Cory , I sent you a PM yesterday with order # and dealer code. Would appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Need Clarification

Hey guys,

Edit: The production for XLT 2nd row buckets has been delayed back to May 7th.

I'm happy to help by keeping an eye on your order for you. If you haven’t already, send a PM with your VIN or order number & dealer code/dealer info.

Did you end up making a decision, chaneya? :D

I’m sorry about the delay, mikeylikesit2. My inbox has been swamped for a few days.

Check your inbox for my reply. :)

Cory

I am really confused. Cory says those who ordered bucket seats in second row will face a delay of production until May 7. Some owners though have said they have a production date of Mar 19 and Mar 21 and they ordered bucket seats as well. Help!

I have to be honest, I love the Ex now that I have it - and I waited impatiently for exactly 2 months. It does feel a little weird stepping up from a Honda Civic though. I've always been a minimalist and felt the Civic was the most I would ever need. Driving the Ex around feels like riding around on a pig. It's beautiful and luxurious, don't get me wrong - it just feels a bit wasteful and sloppy. I may have to park it and go back to my civic for my everyday commute.

Follow-up

Cory,
Did you get my pm's sent on 3/13 & 3/14? Know you're busy, just want to make sure you received them. Thanks. RB

...Cory, I'll pm with the VIN # Thanks
I’ll keep my eyes peeled for your PM, retpsy. :eek:;)

Edit: Replied; check your inbox for the details. :)

Cory , I sent you a PM yesterday with order # and dealer code. Would appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks.
I didn’t miss your PM; I’ll send you a reply as soon as I can, kbarn41. :thumbsup:

I am really confused. Cory says those who ordered bucket seats in second row will face a delay of production until May 7. Some owners though have said they have a production date of Mar 19 and Mar 21 and they ordered bucket seats as well. Help!
Cannuck,

Edit: Buckets are currently available on the Limited; the buckets were delayed on the XLT only.

The delivery date is the issue...
TheSweetGinger,

I’m glad I was able to get you the latest details on your order; drop a line any time.

Cory

I got great news from both Cory and my dealer today - build date is 3/21 with an estimated delivery date of 4/2. I was cautioned the delivery date can change a little. It's been a long wait since ordering 1/13 but I'm sure it will be worth it!

I ordered my Limited on February 8. Today I received my VIN number from Cory. I might be getting my ex the first week in April ...cool

NEAT...just saw my window sticker-everything looks good !

I ordered my Limited on February 8. Today I received my VIN number from Cory. I might be getting my ex the first week in April ...cool

NEAT...just saw my window sticker-everything looks good !
I’m glad to help, Pete! Check in with me next week and I’ll update you on the latest info. :):thumbsup:

Cory

My estimated delivery date was 2/27, I have still not receieved my Explorer... Here is the list of pathetic excuses I have gotten...this includes speaking to Ford's 2nd tier customer relations (Cory that is why I have not responded to your PM with my zip)

-My dealer says they have no info other than est delivery of 2/27, that it is built, and just sitting on the ramp.
-Ford says my dealer has all the info and they don't have any for me
-Ford says there is a hold up due to an EPA sticker(2/28)
-Ford says there is a "stop-ship" on ALL 2013 Explorers (3/6)
-Dealer says that there is an issue with the ABS Modules(3/12)
-Ford Customer Relations says, "My Computer is not loading and I cannot give you any information'---after putting me on hold to probably ask his supervisor if it was ok to tell me the truth, or if he should just come up with some lame excuse

I ordered my Explorer the first week in January...sorry guys, if your still waiting, don't get your hopes up... Ford isnt concerned with telling us ANY real information, just excuses! All I want is the truth and a date!

Sounds familar. I ordered Nov 24 and finally was told a couple weeks ago that my order is likely never coming. The Ford Customer Service reps have no clue, they are told nothing and thus pass on nothing. Nothing more than a complaint line that goes straight into the shedder. We have since found a suitable replacement but we are out-of-pocket for having to do so and nobody cares.

Curtis

I am new to this forum, but I ordered my X on Dec. 9, 2011, and it is currently March 22.......I am still waiting. Anyone have current news as to why it is taking so long?

Sounds familar. I ordered Nov 24 and finally was told a couple weeks ago that my order is likely never coming...
I’m sorry you didn’t get your first choice, Curtis. Please don’t hesitate to drop me a line if you ever need any other help.

Cory

Got an update from Cory this morning... my order has moved to "awaiting shipment" with estimated delivery to my dealer of 4/5. Ordered on 2/17. Dealer is 6 hours from Chicago assembly plant, hope that my X gets on a transport a little quicker, though. Can't wait.

Sounds familar. I ordered Nov 24 and finally was told a couple weeks ago that my order is likely never coming. The Ford Customer Service reps have no clue, they are told nothing and thus pass on nothing. Nothing more than a complaint line that goes straight into the shedder. We have since found a suitable replacement but we are out-of-pocket for having to do so and nobody cares.

Curtis

Hi, what did you order and why has it been cancelled?

Lost Xes

Tye sweet ginger, you're not alone. I ordered on 12/28/11! Completed build 2/7, and nothing since. Nothing against Cory, he got someone in customer Svc to call me, but it seems like ford's stonewalling their own people and their customers. I'm going the better business bureau's route and filing a complaint with them. I just want to know what's up. My car has been approved for sale four times (I think) and it's still at the factory/warehouse. There must be something wrong with it and Ford hopes they can figure it out before I cancel the order.

Hi, what did you order and why has it been cancelled?

We ordered a 2012 Explorer Limited w/ buckets. From what I can tell, it was totalled during shipment. The little information I can gather was it was shipped and recalled back to the factory and likely will never be released. Ford Canada has made no effort to reach out to us to tell us what has happened and what they are going to do for us. We have to constantly push for information and for a resolution. They seem to think that we just wouldn't care and will go away. We have since found a replacement but are out-of-pocket for extra costs compared to what we ordered and I don't think I should be out-of-pocket for their inability to deliver.

Weird

We ordered a 2012 Explorer Limited w/ buckets. From what I can tell, it was totalled during shipment. The little information I can gather was it was shipped and recalled back to the factory and likely will never be released. Ford Canada has made no effort to reach out to us to tell us what has happened and what they are going to do for us. We have to constantly push for information and for a resolution. They seem to think that we just wouldn't care and will go away. We have since found a replacement but are out-of-pocket for extra costs compared to what we ordered and I don't think I should be out-of-pocket for their inability to deliver.

Its weird they won't tell you what happened. We probably won't get ours until at least June. Ordered Jan 15, but they has been a delay on second row captain seats for XLT.

I am new to this forum, but I ordered my X on Dec. 9, 2011, and it is currently March 22.......I am still waiting. Anyone have current news as to why it is taking so long?
I’m sorry I missed your post before, johelms; I’m happy to check on your order. For me to do that, please send a PM with your VIN or order number & dealer code/dealer info.

Got an update from Cory this morning... my order has moved to "awaiting shipment" with estimated delivery to my dealer of 4/5. Ordered on 2/17. Dealer is 6 hours from Chicago assembly plant, hope that my X gets on a transport a little quicker, though. Can't wait.
I’m glad to help, chili-cat. Keep in mind that date is subject to change. :)

Tye sweet ginger, you're not alone. I ordered on 12/28/11! Completed build 2/7, and nothing since. Nothing against Cory, he got someone in customer Svc to call me...
I see Mark has been working with you, sbwreed. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you’d like a follow-up sooner.

We ordered a 2012 Explorer Limited w/ buckets. From what I can tell, it was totalled during shipment...
...Ordered Jan 15, but they has been a delay on second row captain seats for XLT.
crash87 & Cannuck,

I sent a reply to your PM, so please check your inbox for the details.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Cory,

I'm also trying to find out the status of my Explorer order (no VIN yet) ... I sent you a PM with some details, hopefully you will be able to help me.

Thanks,
Ozzie

Back