My 2013 Limited has a build and delievery estimate | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Limited has a build and delievery estimate

so should i be worried if my unit is "in production" right now and i cannot pull up the window sticker yet?

You should be beyond worried, you should be terror stricken!!!!!

Nahhh, just kiddin' :)

I would think if it is in production, you should be able to pull up the window sticker.

Try this LINK, it seems to work most reliably and check to see if it will bring up your window sticker. It is the site that I use. I guess you could also double check to make sure you are entering the VIN# correctly??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nahhh, just kiddin' :)

I would think if it is in production, you should be able to pull up the window sticker.

Try this LINK, it seems to work most reliably and check to see if it will bring up your window sticker. It is the site that I use. I guess you could also double check to make sure you are entering the VIN# correctly??

hahaha... i double checked my vin and it is the same the dealer and cory gave me.. tried your link, still no dice... but the dealer did just email me saying May 14th is when she'll be here... sigh. i'm more impatient than a toddler :D

her summer SPF (aerospace 303) just got here today....:smoke::popcorn:

Well, it was worth a try. They can never come soon enough, can they? :)

Can anyone who just got a 13 X check the top edge of the headliner by the windshield. My headliner has a completely raw edge- no weatherstripping or trim or anything... Wondering if it's normal.

That's the way mine is, too. The headliner curves up at the windshield so it's not visible without effort. I can't see the edge unless I stick my head in as far forward on the dash as possible, and can't see it from the outside due to the windshield tint at the top. Probably would have never noticed or known about it. I used to do production and final build inspections on fire trucks and would typically have looked for something like this. Nice catch, but I would guess this falls into the acceptable build standard category.

I ordered a 2013 LTD a while back. Got the VIN, got the sticker, and it was built on 3/29. Original ETA from the dealer was 4/16. Last week the dealer updated the ETA to 4/13. Earlier this week I contacted the dealer to get an update and make arrangements for pickup and was told it was still sitting on the ramp in Chicago. After asking for an updated ETA, I received the following response yesterday:

"I have heard back from Ford. Sometimes, with new models such as the Explorer the manufacturer discovers a flaw on the production line. If this happens, all the vehicles are held until they can be inspected and deemed fit for delivery. This is what has happened with yours. It is held up with 6200 others at the plant. Once it passes inspection it will be cleared for delivery, and should be here within a week from that point. Generally this takes about ten days; yours has been there for 13. Based on this, it shouldn’t be long before it ships. As soon as I have some information I will be in touch, but please don’t hesitate to call with any questions or concerns."​
Any information on what the "flaw" on the production line is? 6200 vehicles sounds like a lot of inventory to be inspected.

That's the way mine is, too. The headliner curves up at the windshield so it's not visible without effort. I can't see the edge unless I stick my head in as far forward on the dash as possible, and can't see it from the outside due to the windshield tint at the top. Probably would have never noticed or known about it. I used to do production and final build inspections on fire trucks and would typically have looked for something like this. Nice catch, but I would guess this falls into the acceptable build standard category.

It was the same way on my 2005 mustang.. No bother really since like you said its not visible.

Side note the window sticker populated today... Has a ramp number on it too!

Nahhh, just kiddin' :)...
You’re such a trickster, VinceL! :)

That's the way mine is, too. The headliner curves up at the windshield so it's not visible without effort....
Yeah, chili-cat; you have to really get your head up there to see it. ;)

I ordered a 2013 LTD a while back. Got the VIN, got the sticker, and it was built on 3/29. Original ETA from the dealer was 4/16. Last week the dealer updated the ETA to 4/13. Earlier this week I contacted the dealer to get an update and make arrangements for pickup and was told it was still sitting on the ramp in Chicago...
chmee,

Orders are often held for inspection to ensure that you receive a vehicle of the highest quality. My tracker allows me to research the latest status, but not specific delays. Drop a line via PM with your VIN and/or order number & dealer name/dealer info and I’ll send you an update!

...Side note the window sticker populated today... Has a ramp number on it too!
That’s awesome, nitzer51! When the online sticker updates, you’re about 4-6 days from rolling off the line. :thumbsup:

You're getting closer.
jw2013explorer,

I did a quick check on the Kodiak Grand Prix and I see you’re slightly in the lead. :D

Cory

jw2013explorer,

I did a quick check on the Kodiak Grand Prix and I see you’re slightly in the lead. :D

Cory[/QUOTE]

dag :troops:nabit!

Is it because I ordered 2nd row bench and Nitzer ordered buckets? I thought I read someone here said a hold was placed on those orders.

You’re such a trickster, VinceL! :)

Cory

Lol.

Today should be our Ex's B-day!!! The waiting...the waiting....

I keep checking the Ford ETIS website, and now I am wondering when it updates??

dag :troops:nabit!
Whoa now, nitzer51; cease fire! :D

Is it because I ordered 2nd row bench and Nitzer ordered buckets? I thought I read someone here said a hold was placed on those orders.
jw2013explorer,

No, that wouldn’t have had a much to do with it. I just like you a bit more? ;)

Lol.

Today should be our Ex's B-day!!! The waiting...the waiting....
I refreshed my tracker, VinceL… No b-day news yet. It might update later today. :)

Cory

Cory, do you know how often/when the Etis site updates?

Whoa now, nitzer51; cease fire! :D

jw2013explorer,

No, that wouldn’t have had a much to do with it. I just like you a bit more? ;)

Cory

I knew it Cory! playing favorites!! :monkey: hahaha whats a guy got ta do to get on your good side? haha

Just got an update from the dealer tonight, will be picking it up Sunday afternoon. :)

I knew it Cory! playing favorites!! :monkey: hahaha whats a guy got ta do to get on your good side? haha

Well, I wouldn't know since I'm a girl! :D

I guess I'm the Danica Patrick of this "Grand Prix",

or in my neck of the woods it would be the Indy 500.

Wait, Danica jumped ship so it would be the Sprint Cup.

Originally Posted by FordMomof3
...I hope your car comes without any "additional" jokey things
FordMomof3,

What? No rubber chickens?

I asked at my dealership when I picked up "Sebastian" (that's what my daughter is calling the new car) if I could expect any Friday the 13th things - rubber chickens, hockey masks...he cracked up. Said no, they don't do that but that would be hysterical :)

*whew* - so far, we've scoured every inch of the thing and not found anything (a few glitches with sync but quickly remedied).

Okay, so I looked on Syncmyride.com (and yes, we have already registered! lol), and it said we have confirmed installs (CI) on 4/13/2012 and 04/14/2012 of Sync Gen2 - v3.0.2... so does this mean the car was actually built? I hope so!! :)

VinceL,

That's how I would interpret that!! Woohoo!! :party:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I wouldn't know since I'm a girl! :D

I guess I'm the Danica Patrick of this "Grand Prix",

or in my neck of the woods it would be the Indy 500.

Wait, Danica jumped ship so it would be the Sprint Cup.

haha--- ok ok... ladies first:biggthump

Back