Very bored + spare parts = Ricer Xplorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Very bored + spare parts = Ricer Xplorer

AiwaExplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Well Guys I have terrible news.....I hit an all time low, today sitting around my house I was annoyed....I use to spend my weekends trying to find ricers to race...with my X but now they all know it and no one wants to race with me anymore....So today sitting around...I got bored and made some measurements and decided I was going to mock up a new Body kit for my Xplorer.....as for a front bumper I will be using a 98-00 Civic Wings West Big Mouth front bumper, Sideskirts are from an 00-03 Eclipse Battle series, and the rear bumper is a wings west Bumper Skirt from a 98-00 Civic.....everything is gonna need some cutting to fit....but IM borred and I havent been driving my x much cuz my Civic gets much better gas mileage....so I am going to rice out my Xplorer....for sh**s and giggles....Dont bash it just yet....as a friend and I tried figureing out the looks....some of you may just like this idea we have....tomorrow I'll post up pics of the parts I will be using and keep this updated as the progression comes!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow and I thought I was bored. Don't forget to put a giant H on the back window. oh yeah and a fart can too!

nope....no fart can.....I cant give up on my borla Catback.....But I am going to need a much Larger round tip...to fill the open hole in the civic bumper =P

Where are you at with this craziness?

I am still working on cutting the front bumper....7 hrs into it so far.....I havea few pics...just trying to figure how to post them?

host em on somethin like photobucket and paste the link into your post

sounds like u have hit an all time low!!!!

pics dont work

sell all that crap and buy some good stuff for your explorer!!

well I got another 4 hours on it and I finally have eliminated the terrible sag I had ont he front bumper.......Finally looks like it maybe should be there.....I gotta figure how to post up these pics....I have more coming....hold tight guys!

i wanna see get some pics posted

welp I decided the easiest way to get what I wanted to work on here...was donate to the forum and become elite.....and Yes I can finally post some pics up for you guys......This bumper is nowhere near finished....but has a good start to getting it to fit properly..minus alot of fiberglass work to be done yet to mold it in! (Yes some of u kids may drool) lol im just playen but hey I was bored...and this is filling my time nicely......we'll see how it turns out!

Now for the good stuff (if these pics dont come up go here) www.cardomain.com/id/fasterimage

2351937_5_full.jpg

2351937_4_full.jpg

still cant get them pics to post right...but the link to my cardomain should work....someone throw out there input on it so far? also My avatar is a small pic of my front bumper!

I always appreciate originality, and wanna see the outcome..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes....it's currently in the process of getting the sides even and builing a lip up to continue the flow of the flares over the bumper so it looks more like it should be there.....adn I agree with Beauj.....that platinum kit is so damn large...that was my reason for not using it.....it's obnoxious....not saying that mine will look good by any means....but hey for $50 bux for the whole Urathane body kit....hey why not....for fun rite? as of yet nothing I have done cant be reversed....hence why were going to finish it first, think about it....before it get glassed onto it completely...well thanks for the words keep em coming guys lemme know what yall think...and I will keep everything posted...alot of work coming tomorrow....providing decent weather..

Back