Very bored + spare parts = Ricer Xplorer | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Very bored + spare parts = Ricer Xplorer

biturbosport said:
..Look at the nissan skyline for example- they weren't even allowed to sell that in the US cause it was too fast for US roads...

Riiiggghhttt....and how do you explain that there are quite a few cars sold in America that can kick a Skyline's ass??? My Mach beats it in all power categories and the Mach isn't close to being one of the fastest factory street legal cars in the US....

1999 Skyline Specs:
Type: Inline-6, Twin-turbo
Displacement cu in (cc): 156 (2568)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 276(206) / 6800
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 216(293) / 4400

Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 5.2
Top Speed mph (km/h): 155 (250)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JDraper said:
Riiiggghhttt....and how do you explain that there are quite a few cars sold in America that can kick a Skyline's ass??? My Mach beats it in all power categories and the Mach isn't close to being one of the fastest factory street legal cars in the US....

1999 Skyline Specs:
Type: Inline-6, Twin-turbo
Displacement cu in (cc): 156 (2568)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 276(206) / 6800
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 216(293) / 4400

Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 5.2
Top Speed mph (km/h): 155 (250)

not to mention my ford lightning also......................

oh wait we forgot, just being an import its twice as fast as listed. No matter what the true is. there is no replacement for displacement.

Yes the R34 gt-r had 300hp and tq with awd. By todays standards its not even that fast, I'de put money on an STI over it. Now granted with lots and lots of money the rb26dett engine can see upwards of 1k hp, most engines can't do that. But we are talking tens and tens of thousands. Every ricer these days watches the fast n furious and thinks skylines are ungodly fast, its sad.

Dreamr pokes his nose out of his cave
His nose twitches as he scents another rice debate occuring..
Wisely he decides not to waste the energy
Returning to his cave he inhales deeply
Smiling as the aroma of american muscle returns him to his senses

dreamr said:
Smiling as the aroma of american muscle returns him to his senses

I take a stroll out to my garage for that :D

Attachments

• P5310106.JPG
    P5310106.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 961

Wow, actaully that just made my day that some of you do actaully enjoy this thread....Anyways I will keep customizing....weather ya hate it or not....cuz Im having a good time...and im enjoying the looks im getting....and i love ricers that all want to race me! welp its a busy week I will get more updates as they occur!

I still think a 98-01 mounty grill would help the front
but yeah, keep it up! Its good to see someone having fun with their car. I approve of diversity

zhanx said:
not to mention my ford lightning also......................

oh wait we forgot, just being an import its twice as fast as listed. No matter what the true is. there is no replacement for displacement.

Actually the skyline was banned because the engine computer could be hacked, and performance could be boosted by remaping different programming. It was pretty common for guys to get 800hp out of a dead stock engine just by screwing around with the engine management system. They came with a ton of aftermarket parts in GT-R spec. If you consider it that way, at the time, and even now it is one of the only cars with that much power. At the time when it came out, there was not a whole lot faster for the dollar.

No.....well maybe but not fully true, the Skyline is nto legal in the US because of the emmissions and also stock it cannot pass any of the United States safty regulations. Nissan never felt it would be worth making the skyline us road worthy because it would never be compatable to the numbers the japanies version skyline puts out there being to costly and a failur. The Skyline GTR is a incredible fast car,and the biggest hype over seas is because of the less restrictive laws its normal for a skyline to be pushing 800-1000 horses as a daily. You can have a skyline in the united states after you have it built at a high cost to meet the us regulations. You can still maintain the right hand drive of course and it wont be as fast but its a car that is not normaly seen on us roads.

FROADER said:
Alright hijackers, back to the regularly scheduled program. A funny looking Explorer.
Wah, Wah, Wah...quit yer *****in!!! :p

The real reason Nissan never brought the Skyline to the US? they never bothered to US certify the car and also the fact that they could not move the steering wheel to the left side also helped, Turbo's would have been in the way.

ok i have had my 2cent say sorry for the Hijack Froader ;)

the Explorer coming along nicely Aiwa, keep it up :thumbsup:

This thread needs some excitement!

I have a wing you can have . It would look just rice if you install it. It actually curves at the ends, with the shape of the explorer
here ya go

You gotta pay for ship though

Attachments

• wing_001.jpg
    wing_001.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 896
  • wing_002.jpg
    wing_002.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 895
  • wing_003.jpg
    wing_003.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 894

OHHH
I better 'splain

I did not buy this

I went to my garage the other day, and saw it up there like that.
A friend of mine got it as a joke, to go with my tail lights he says lol

Well, I was gonna hunt down a pix of a bigger wing to put on his X, but ran across this T-Shirt that I thought would make a better post :D :D :D

big%20wing%20import%20both.jpg

hmmmm im guilty of a few of those......=P hahahahahaha

thanx jt.....bu imma half to pass on that as...if i would use a wing...it has to be something bigger and more obnoxious to flow with the kit....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would puke if you had any erector set wing on your explorer, than i would gladly pay you to let me kick you in the jimmy's.

Back