Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Explorer Related Polls

Notices

Explorer Related Polls Polls here are for Explorer related topics only... All other polls go in the "General Topic Polls" Forum located under the "More Topics" catagory.

What should I do first? Lower it, 31s, or audio?

View Poll Results: What should I do first?
31s, shackles, TT 9 40.91%
Lower it 2" 3 13.64%
Sub and amp setup 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
Dawgpack
Bozeman, MT

1999 Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
What should I do first? Lower it, 31s, or audio?

When I bought it I was planning on getting some 31s and throwing some shackles on, but after driving around for awhile, I am really enjoying my gas mileage with the stock setup. So now I'm stuck trying to decide between 3 things. Should I...

1.) Stick with original plans, buy some 31s and possibly tt and shackles
2.) Lower it 2"
3.) or spend some money on a decent sub/amp combo

1999 Explorer XLT | 4.0 SOHC | TT, AAL, Warrior Shackles | 31x10.5r15 duratrac's | Black plastidipped tear drop rims | Running board delete| Curt roof basket | Curt front hitch | Tinted tails | 32" LED light bar, RI Dually's, 50W reverse lights | BWM, throttle cable mod, fog light mod
Dawgpack is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #2
Bruces expo
Elite Explorer
Middle GA

91 Mazda Navajo

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Sub and amp combo ! Cheaper than New tires , and also you'll keep the Mpg's you like ! , lowering that style suspension is hard on the stock steering components and also is normally a rough ride with the Torsion twisted tighter than stock , Just My 0.2

ZAPV#161, 91 Navajo, 3" Bodylift , 2" Skyjacker Coils,Skyjacker shocks , Auto Zone Shackles . Home Made CAI. Thrush Welded Muffler ,Warn locking hub's,Throttle cable mod ,Deleted rear swaybar ,Front sway bar disco's , Clear turns ,Clear tail's,33" Dayton Timberline AT's On Aluminum wheels .
http://www.thequadconnection.com/portal.php
Click the Link For All Your Atv/Quad Needs ! .
Bruces expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
devo

1993 Pumpkin

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sub and amp combo until you decide it you want to go up or down
devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
toypaseo
Flunked daycare
outside shovelling snow

................ 96 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Sub and amp vote for me. Adding a sub and amp to my non-JBL OEM stereo was one of the first things that I planned to change.

toypaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
Wills05xlt4x4
Elite Explorer
Ashland Va

2005 Xlt 4x4

Vehicle Specs

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lift it!!!

Factory DVD, third row, rear A/C, Moon roof, Advancetrac RSC, Tow package, Leather everything, Eddie Bauer running boards.MODS- deep transmission pan w/dipstick, 1.5" Body lift, Expedition front tow hooks, Treadwright Guard Dog M/T 265-75/16 C Ply, Telescoping steering wheel mod, 4.56 gears limited slip front and rear,brembo brakes,front skid plate, Cb.FUTURE MODS-rock sliders, oba, steel front bumper w/ warn VR12000, possibly a M90
Wills05xlt4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
FIND
Vermillion, SD
99 XLT V8 AWD

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Get a Mac intake and some exhaust to get a few more ponies freed up in case you lift it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICE59FORDF100 View Post
Dont forget numbers. Teacher Ladies LOVE numbers
FIND is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends: