Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
Lots of fun, those that didnt make it missed out. We had 16 vehicles and around 20 members from this site out there. No major carnage from the weekend. Just a few tail lights, couple of small dings in fenders, and then the member here that decied to hit the wall of the wash at about 30 mph :eek: . The potluck was great especally the tritip, deepfried turkey and Sara's ceaser salid. The highlight I think was the bon fire. Any wood within 2 feet of the bonfire was ignighting purely from the heat. Jefes plane also took a fatal hit to the tail wing by Froader and Gopher's potato launchers. We also burned the forheads on a few tikis that RangerX had out there. Pictures will follow as I didnt take very many.

Rick's Photos - http://www.explorerforum.com/thaven_07
Froader's Photos - http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3578&ppuser=1600
Tdavis's Photos and Videos - http://pumpkin.explorerforum.com/~tdavis/truckhaven/jan-2007/

Last edited by a moderator:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good people, decent weather, awesome food, big fires and off-roading make for a great trip. It was good to see familiar faces and to meet new ones. Always a good time out there. :cool:

My pics are in this album. I'm putting all 2007 Truck Haven pics in there. They are out of order and this trip starts with this one...

TomStuck4.jpg

...and end with this one. I just had to take this picture on my way home. :)

BusTow.jpg

Dan, thank you again for the doors. :thumbsup:

I'll try and get Gopher's pictures from him asap as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just got back in..Great time as usual:thumbsup: Good to see everyone, all the regulars and a few new faces. It was really to bad Char could not make it out, it just wasn't a drivers meeting with out her:( I'll get some pics up soon, but again I don't have much:rolleyes:

ATTN:
If any one has video from this weekend, please send it to me. You can PM me for my home address. MPEG format is prefered, but whatever you have I can probally make it work. Release date is approaching. Thanks

What a great weekend!!! Weather was perfect, pot luck dinner was fantastic, the company was great, and the Truck Haven wheelin' was as good as ever!!!

Here's my photos from the weekend:
http://www.explorerforum.com/thaven_07

It was great seeing the old crew again and meeting some of the new guys.

Matt & Tracy, we saw you guys pulling out just when our walk to camp was wrapped up. Prior to me pulling my truck on the trailer I wanted to show Michael what 70 mph was like in the wash, well we got a little crazy and snapped u-bolts, blew a tire coming down on a pretty big landing. I succeeded in not driving the truck home under it's own power. Thank god for the tow rig's capabilities to pull it out of there.

I got some of the classic truckhaven pics, we got guys making sure the Tikis didn't float away, a in motion, unstaged Dr. Pepper spotting in the wash, plus more.

Attachments

• truckhaven 044 (Medium).jpg
    truckhaven 044 (Medium).jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 644
  • truckhaven 010 (Medium).jpg
    truckhaven 010 (Medium).jpg
    108 KB · Views: 498
  • truckhaven 030 (Medium).jpg
    truckhaven 030 (Medium).jpg
    50 KB · Views: 505
  • truckhaven 023 (Medium).jpg
    truckhaven 023 (Medium).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 531

Great pics as usual Rick. Could you send me the unedited hi-res of this one please? :) colinignacio @ socal.rr.com

DSCF2511.jpg

It was a good time, but could have been better without the starter issues.:rolleyes: I pulled the starter when I got home, and saw that the braided wire on the starter solenoid had broken completely through. Swapped it for a free replacement at Autozone.:cool: Starts fine now.

Several people were inquiring about tikis. You can check my site at www.firemountaintikis.com. :D
Site setup by Jefe:thumbsup:, graphics by Colin:thumbsup:.

Good times as always, even the stroll through the washes this morning wasn't too bad:p: . I will also add my thanks to everyone else for the great pot luck food, I never eat as well on a camping trip as I do on the Thaven runs.

Sarah and I had a great time. Lots of kid type fun this trip, what with the potato guns, marshmellow shooters, etc.. Thanks for the rides, Rick, Tom and Jefe. Started raining on the way home just west of Borrego Springs, rained all the way home. Still made it home in good time.

I'm home, safe and dry.

I will catch up later..

Sorry I missed it...just couldn't wing it with everything going on right now. Was there any mud wheeling?

Rick great pics like always......looks like a great trip....

No mud Joe. There was a light sprinkle in the middle of the night on Saturday, but not enough to soak the ground out there.

I got Gopher's pictures last night and will upload them when I get home tonight.

Great pics as usual Rick. Could you send me the unedited hi-res of this one please? :)

Got it, thanks Rick. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Great trip. Thanks for all who helped dig me out when I got stuck. Especially Tom Davis, who seems to have a solution for any problem, thanks Tom.
And thanks Colin for making the stuck public, you'll be hearing from my lawyer.:D

Met some new people and caught up with some old friends. Pot luck was great. Fire met all expectations.

Best foto goes to Rick.

Attachments

• NaviSunset2.jpg
    NaviSunset2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 434

I'd like to thank everyone who brought wood for the fire. Dang, was it HUGE! Loved it. :D

For the fearless sidekick on Saturday in Jefe's Brother. Esp. when we took that trail that had not been a trail for a few rain storms, and Jefe's response - "when your rear axle goes vertical, everyone..."

For the fearless sidekick on Saturday in Jefe's Brother. Esp. when we took that trail that had not been a trail for a few rain storms, and Jefe's response - "when your rear axle goes vertical, everyone..."

It's funny how the zuk is so lite it just flexs over the dirt. The explores are heavy pigs and only flex a little as they are plowing through the dirt:D

I had a ton of fun. Big thank you to Rick, Bill, Tom R. for taking us newbie’s out for the day it was so much fun. The pot luck was great; tritip was awesome, along with Sara's salad. I had a really great time thank you to everyone! ! Oh yea I had a little carnage, I broke a front shock! Oh well I guess its SAS time, shhhhh don't tell my wife.

Last edited:

So the Ubolts broke but the already half broken shackle didnt? Funny stuff. Sorry we missed you before we left Dan. We will see you at the next trip.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So the Ubolts broke but the already half broken shackle didnt? Funny stuff. Sorry we missed you before we left Dan. We will see you at the next trip.
The shackle was not in one piece anymore, but it was still doing a good job of keeping the spring under the frame.

Back