14 year old shot while wheelin' with his dad | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

14 year old shot while wheelin' with his dad

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
http://www.azcentral.com/community/...uckeye-desert-shot-while-riding-atv-abrk.html

A 14-year-old boy was shot in the leg while off-roading with his father in Buckeye on Saturday, authorities said.

The father and son were off-roading in a vehicle in a desert area near Interstate 10 and Watson Road around 11:30 a.m. when they heard gunshots in the desert but were unable to see anyone, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jeff Sprong said.

The son complained of leg pain, and the father checked and discovered a gunshot wound, Sprong said.

The father took the boy to West Valley Hospital where he was treated and released.

It is common and legal for people to shoot in the area where the father and son were off-roading and police believe that whoever was out there shooting is unaware the boy was shot, Sprong said.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sad To Hear That People Shoot Guns and Don't Care Where the Bullets End Up , Glad The Boy Is ok

Lot's of shooting out here in the desert. This was definitely a rare occurrence. Thank goodness!!

Here is a story about a guy I was going to welding school with. He ended up having to drop out because the injury was so bad. He lost his grant and couldn't afford to repay it and got screwed out of that. Plus he was off work for months. Was not a good deal.

http://www.timescall.com/ci_18324914

i used to go shooting with my buddy and we would always aim into a river or side of a hill. anyone who just carelessly shoots rounds off into the distance is freaking idiot.

i used to go shooting with my buddy and we would always aim into a river or side of a hill. anyone who just carelessly shoots rounds off into the distance is freaking idiot.

Not trying to be a jerk buy you do know that bullets can ricochet off water

When I went through hunters saftey in middle school(mandatory in most of TN) they always stressed not to shoot at water or at something the bullet can pass through if you don't know what is on the other side.

All I can say is Wow. I would like to believe that it was an accident, but with all the crazies out there, how do we know that it wasn't intentional? Either way, I am glad that the boy is O.K., and it would definitely change the way I offroad in the future.

Not trying to be a jerk buy you do know that bullets can ricochet off water

When I went through hunters saftey in middle school(mandatory in most of TN) they always stressed not to shoot at water or at something the bullet can pass through if you don't know what is on the other side.

true that, where we used to shoot, it was a deep stream with a mud bottom (in the suisun marsh). i might also add that at the time, we were stupid teenagers, so yeah, we probably being pretty stupid, but at least we were trying to be safe!

Back