2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th

Sure stop by. I have something for you to pick up :D then it will be delivered to you :salute:. I brought it out to the last TH thing in Jan but you didn't show up. Its still in the trailer so if you don't make it by then It will go to TH again.

..Thanks for the pleasant surprise and it will get much use..:biggthump

..Did Chris get his pallet of money I left?...I know it was trash day and they may have picked it up by mistake while he was out...ummm...networking...:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We pretty much settled on one spot nowadays...

Take N. Marina drive until it turns to dirt...

You will get to a place where you can go straight through a hill or bear right.. Bear right there...

Follow it around to the right and once you get past the hill on the left we are normally the first clearing on the left..

Here is a gps track I recorded a few years ago.. the Stop/Start place is our normal spot..

If that spot is taken we are just to the north of that spot.. But the hard sided campers like our normal spot better.

http://maps.google.com/?t=p&z=15&ll...om/shr/x/kmz/112623b249be6d61c5e26ebe88c8b777

~Mark

Cool, For thoes going there the first time there there is a sign/keyosk type of thing at the intersection on the right just before the hill. If you drive inbetween the hills (50' to 100' tall hills) and start going downhill and in to the sandwash you went too far.

..I'm just waiting for someone to post that they are loading up and heading out already..:D

..For all the newbies to Truckhaven and stock or slightly modified vehicles who would like to drive their own vehicle but are intimidated by some of the pictures they have seen of the area, I will be leading a "little Dogs" trail run if we get 3 or more vehicles interested.

..This will be an easy exploring trip around the area on Saturday morning and if you are interested, post up..We can make it half day or all day depending on the group..;)

..Oh yea...Don't forget about the Friday and Saturday night runs and the Saturday night potluck dinner and movie..

Be sure to sign up here in Char's thread for whatever food you are bringing as soon as possible..:biggthump
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392894

That's the beauty of truckhaven, anything from stock to extreme will have fun and find trails as easy or challenging as they want. Even on the hard runs, there's typically a way around if you're willing to take a bit of a scenic stretch to bypass... Typically that is...

I just upgraded my lighting situation somewhat... Just mounted it now. Will run and get wiring supplies later today or tomorrow on the way home from work. We have the same light bar on our race truck which I took out for some night testing for the first time on Friday night and well, this is way more light then I'll ever honestly need. LOL

100_2056_zps2ab13230.jpg

..I have the 20" in the grill of my X and it is plenty of light..:eek:

..I can not understand the trucks running 3 -40" and numerous other light bars all facing forward...I like a little shadow effect so I can see where the dips are..:D

Yeah, that's a 50" tough light. We picked up sponsorship thru the race truck with them and for the price I was able to get it for, it kinda was a no brainer...

Personally, if you're in a race truck, the BEST setup is 4-6 HID's across the roof and 1 of these across the bumper. That IMO would be the best lighting setup money could buy with today's technology. We're running 3 HID's across the bumper and this same 50" across the roof and it's really nice... If things weren't already in motion and mounted I'd have looked into swapping locations but we're not a trophy truck and after friday night's testing with it, we'll be just fine when we need lights. LOL

I will be attending. I've never been there before. What do I need to take?

BRING FIREWOOD - twice as much as you think you'd need (not yelling; just expressing the importance). We build a large fire for the whole group to sit around. :D

..Hahaha...there are side by sides at Ocotillo that run that many lights..:D

...But I do see the number of lights on your racetruck on wranglers driving down the hwy out here...You know the ones...Chrome wheels, shiny sprayed wet look tires, washed and waxed..

..I am curious what your prices are for you LED's...PM me if you could as I know a guy and am working a deal of my own cheap and i'm curious to compare...The prices on light bars are falling and LED's are putting out more lumens with less wattage than last year..:eek:

oh yea...:D

MORE FIREWOOD

..Thanks for the pleasant surprise and it will get much use..:biggthump

..Did Chris get his pallet of money I left?...I know it was trash day and they may have picked it up by mistake while he was out...ummm...networking...:p:

:confused: Either It was misplaced or my dad spent it all by the time I got home. haha.

Good news though!!!:D The time off was approved! And we will be able to make it.
We will probably be out to TH on Friday Morning / Early Afternoon :bounce:

Excellent! Glad to hear it:chug:

...But I do see the number of lights on your racetruck on wranglers driving down the hwy out here...You know the ones...Chrome wheels, shiny sprayed wet look tires, washed and waxed..

BTW, I've ridden in a couple trucks with the LED's across the top of the windshield and if you have a layer of dust on your windshield the glare sucks! Which then leads me to believe that virtually every truck around town running them up there, is pretty much doing it for looks! LOL

This is the EXACT same light bar mounted across the top of the windshield on our race truck. Took this picture friday night and this is just the light bar itself, no HID's, no other headlights, nothing else...

1270719_643875752300958_1490959075_o.jpg

We were stopped and the breeze was coming from our back so the dust I'd left was catching us while we sat. That's what the minor snow flury in Vegas looks like...

Jealous of everyone with LED's

My 6x9's are looking pretty pathetic now:(

I'm even finally changing my flourescent rock lights to LED. LED's are da bomb. :)

~Mark

I'm even finally changing my flourescent rock lights to LED. LED's are da bomb. :)

~Mark

No rock lights and all my interior light I switched over already. Just need switch the rest over.

any of the JP mobiles and LED lightbars would be just wrong..:p:

except maybe in Jurassic World..:dunno:

..But if you don't have rock lights the small LED's have come down in price big time...

..I'm thinking about swapping them out on the X and adding them to the Ranger..:hammer:

..I'm not one for mounting above the hood as I hate hood glare only second to getting a mirror full of lights...But for exploring these lights are amazing and I've become a huge fan of the LED's both in residential and offroad applications..:biggthump

CJExplorer...Coincidence the pallet of money is missing and you got the weekend off? I think we both know what your Dad did with the money..:D

How do those secure to the vehicle and they're pretty weather/element resistant? I'm thinking about a set for my exploder and a set for the race truck actually as well. Don't need rock lights but for night time repairs, more light never hurts... Right now, we have a flashlight. LOL

The ones I got I'm screwing right to the truck using self tapping screws. They also have double sides tape on the back but I'm not using that.

They are water proof (he used to have pics of them being used in a glass of water) BUT, when you cut each puck from the string you need to cover the left over wire (I just put dialectric grease on it now.. I can't find my hot glue gun).

I just noticed the picture on his site isn't quite exact to what I got. Mine have arms that stick out. Those arms are designed so you can loosen the screws and twist the puck out if you wanted.

I have 1/3 of my rock lights converted to LED. When I'm under there this afternoon to do some more I'll take a few pictures and post a thread about it.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For the east county san diego guys, which is the best way for a motorhome to go? I've been there in the merc, just never camped there.

Back