Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009

...Rick, the linky no work to your pics...:dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Should be working now...

...I really like these...:D
DSC_2247.jpg

DSC_2260.jpg

DSC_2239.jpg

alright Ted, don't blame me for the bacardi incident. I knew my time there was limited and wanted to get my money's worth.

So tomorrow I'll be getting my hands on an engine hoist. I dropped the airbags and took off the wheels on the super duty thinking the tailgate would get low enough to roll off the engine. I guess not but I did get a needed tire rotation in.

The pics and vids are amazing, Matt your hanging the front end out there pretty good on CJ hill!

Attachments

• rte66 025 (Medium).jpg
    rte66 025 (Medium).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,120
  • rte66 027 (Medium).jpg
    rte66 027 (Medium).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 822

...:eek:...I wish you were closer so I could run over and give you a hand..:(

...We barely missed the big "W" as it is blowing at my house already...

Well I made it home safe after a great time. Just got home from dinner with my sweet wife. Tomorrow I go in for an epidural at 7:00 AM. Ouch. Have to go to bed early. I'll post more later..... from the dark side.:smoke:

Here is a Dusk/Night Video from the 23rd

Hope you enjoy, still working on loading videos, its taking forever, and i need to head to bed.

Thanks everyone for a great weekend:salute:

Apparently you can't have videos longer than 10 mins?

Apparently you can't have videos longer than 10 mins?

Ya...stupid....mines like 11:31 .... ill deal with it in the morning..

Jon, Mark and Joshua just left our house. They're heading out on the road for a few more hours of punishment:eek: They've been on the road all day. Didn't get to our house until about 11pm. They're trying to at least get to Flagstaff tonight.

Wasn't even close. Still a ways to go before it gets close to going over. I will have to continue looking for the edge :D

Wow what a great trip this was. took me forever to get out there considering having to do everything at the last minute tho. But i did arrive in time to find the Dannyboy show in full swing :D LOL that was great.

IMO there seem some disorganization on this run. Thought we were heading to do a group photo before splitting off the runs(Newbies and the Big Dawgs)

Then quickly realized after the right turn into the Hills that I was running with the Big Dawgs:cool: which of course was not a bad thing either since it was fun to try some harder stuff and see where i am at in building my rig.

was actually impressed with it, "Drag slick" tires, open diffs, and stock gears. and only requiring the strap once the whole time made me happy.:thumbsup:

Of course having the Sliders on there that Zukman built for me were awesome and they worked great. And surprisingly the New Shackles he also made for me were great too. I could tell the difference between them and AZ Shackles I was running.

Thanks a Million Norm :biggthump it was nice going there with new mods on the truck.

the Potluck was awesome even tho i forgot to put out the chips and dip. but then again it did not matter since there plenty of food to go around anyways.

and it was nice getting there and seeing familiar faces and a few new ones too :D

and it was also great to finally meet Turdle. What a great guy now i know why everyone loves hanging out at place :thumbsup: and it was also Nice to meet Sparksaflyn and Joshua, have fun with the new ride guys :thumbsup:

and with everything said and done it was a great weekend that i am glad i did not miss.:salute:

I just took a few pics of the new damage from the wheeling..

Caught the doors by trying to make the turn, instead of backup of to get a better line. I made it through, but not cleanly. Also added to the damage at the back.

4046549201_de839a973d_b.jpg

4046550575_0b908fcefe_b.jpg

I also got a little damage on the tow rig run. I tried to fit through a notch, I didn't fit. I think the van needs rock sliders.

4047304482_2e5a09a243_b.jpg

All in all though, the trip was great fun. Worth every minute of the drive, and all the preperation work and stress of trying to get there.

~Mark

The look on JT's face on the pic on the second page says it all!
We had a blast!

looks like it was lots of fun. I only found this site last week so too short of a notice.

Would it have been worth it to bring mine? It's only a 2WD and it has stock size wheels, it will go anywhere as long as it's not too steep.

...Heck yea...and you can always park and ride too....;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..But what's the fun of going somewhere and not picking up some souvenir's to remember your trip by???...:p:

...We do invite all to come out, camp and have fun...There are usually open seats and seat swapping all weekend...Some people don't do well in the victim, umm, I mean passenger seat and they need to be the driver...

...I think the next TH run is already being planned for Thanksgiving already, and any and all are invited to that too...

...Truckhaven can even bight your rig even if you are just taking the wash down for a Sunday breakfast...:D

...Just a word of advice though...If you are going on the "Not so Big Dog's" run, don't go racing past the trail leader to catch up with the other guys...You might wind up in the wrong group...;)

Back