98 V8 AWD with bad engine gets junk yard 99 V8 engine | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 V8 AWD with bad engine gets junk yard 99 V8 engine

yup little boy hes due any day now, its my first but my wifes 4th boy LOL, her youngest is 18 now LOL

Cannot wait! My future team driver a nd pit crew is almost here!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best wishes there Jamie, get some sleep now. Did you see "Me, Myself, and Irene"? I hope that he looks just like you.

I'd just put on a new oil pump rather than going through all the hassle of another engine, with all the cleaning etc to do all over again.

Could just be the high pressure bypass valve in the pump stuck open.

Total loss of oil pressure ain't fun. Happened to the 302 in my sister's 1977 Mustang. Valve seals got hard and broke, somehow a chunk of one got through the pickup screen and jammed the pump. Twisted the pump drive up like a pretzel then snapped it off. Took the crank bearings down to the copper/lead layer right quick before she shut it off.

Thanks!! I am going to try and get started pulling it this weekend

the thing that sucks is Ford didnt give you a WARNING on these trucks to let you know there is no oil pressure LOL, it only takes like 5 psi to switch the dummy gage to the middle...

I would repair this engine too, IF I wasnt able to return it for one that has not been run now without oil pressure, so I will go through the hassle of pulling and returning it

Ditto, you don't know what the bearings and cam lobes and 50 other surfaces look like after running without oil pressure. It may do fine with a new oil pump, or the wear may be enough that it smokes or rattles, or blows up after seven months.

Back