Addco 633 fitment issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Addco 633 fitment issues

I contacted them about the fitment issues with pictures. I was going to see about bending it out. They sent me another bar that's still 1" and it fits like factory. Apparently someone with a 98 explorer sent them a factory bar to copy. Was able to use the factory links and nothing is anywhere close to rubbing. Also installed 1" greasable bushings, they need 90 degree zerks.
Id recommend calling and talking to them about getting this pattern bar if you're looking for one for a 95-01 explorer or a 01-05 ST.
IMG_20230323_212201768.jpg

IMG_20230323_212145704.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow! That's awesome. Addco has never been known for customer service, but you may be an exception. Your "redesigned" but slightly smaller 1" diameter Addco 633 looks very similar to the long discontinued 1-1/8" X-Spec rear sway bar from out of business Explorer Express. If so, that's great news for Gen 2 and Sport Trac owners for another chance at this best mod for street handling and safety at any price. Thanks for the update and info.
wLN02f1.jpg

That's awesome! Looks like much better fit now...almost makes me want to order one of these improved bars.

The fit on mine is okay with shorter links, but the curved ends on that design would give even more clearance to the shocks.
gNoCwimTupyManeodM1_dXZ56=w1169-h880-no?authuser=0.jpg

I
That's awesome! Looks like much better fit now...almost makes me want to order one of these improved bars.

The fit on mine is okay with shorter links, but the curved ends on that design would give even more clearance to the shocks.
View attachment 440287
Try emailing them. The old bar put some pretty good dents in my shocks, one of which is now bad but I don't think it was from the bar.

Did you get to a contact at Addco? I ordered mine through Jegs and their customer service didn't ever let me actually talk to a rep from Addco. I suppose I can just email through their website if that's what you did.

Wow! That's awesome. Addco has never been known for customer service, but you may be an exception. Your "redesigned" but slightly smaller 1" diameter Addco 633 looks very similar to the long discontinued 1-1/8" X-Spec rear sway bar from out of business Explorer Express. If so, that's great news for Gen 2 and Sport Trac owners for another chance at this best mod for street handling and safety at any price. Thanks for the update and info.
View attachment 440286
I love this sway bar on my sport trac! Glad I bought this bar years ago.

Did you get the Addco front bar too?
I did not. If it doesnt fit any better than this, I won't be.
Here's a quote from the Explorer Express site when they were in business:

"Ford revised the front sway bar for 98 models. They are now solid like our 95-97 part. These vehicles require only a rear sway bar to upgrade to X spec. Bar is 1.125 dia with Energy Suspension poly bushings."

Back