bagged sport trac | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bagged sport trac

I got about 4" of drop out of my driver side, and my alignment sheet is above. I've yet to put adjusters in (that's tomorrow or something), but it can be done, I assure you. I'll scan my sheets when I'm all done with the alignment.

Ride quality is questionable, obviously.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i know this doesn't exist: but why wont some company like beltech make some drop spindles for explorers? that would work out greatly.

Simply put: there's no market. DJM Suspension, one of the most reputable suspension/lowering experts in the field won't even touch the Explorer. Look at S10s, F150s, all those, huge money makers. Compare the amount of people who mod they're S10 to an Explorer, it's wack.

It costs thousands among thousands to make drop spindles, not worth it for any company, and I don't see it happening at all in the near future, or for that matter, ever.

All said above, plus the reputation that explorers have. Many tire shops wont even mount aftermarket sized tires on an X.... the suspension companies dont want the liability.

ok i have seen in person an 02 trac bagged. the front bags were done just as i thought, the rear was mono leafed and 3 inch blocks with double convoluted bags mounted on top of the rear axle. i know mono leafing is not the way to go. i looked into a 4 link but there is not much room under there with the gas tank and all. anyone have any pics of a rear setup on any of the bagged tracs posted in the previous pages???

ok any pics of torsion bar front explorers bagged? the front suspension

?

I may be wrong, but wouldnt the torsion bars be removed if it was bagged?

i was just simply labeling what type of explorer suspension i would like to see. yes the torsion bars would be removed. duh

I only know of a few people with bagged 2nd gens, they mostly frequent FXN, one is Explo22s and another is camachoruiz. You would have to ask them to take pictures for you.

lo xploder said:
i was just simply labeling what type of explorer suspension i would like to see. yes the torsion bars would be removed. duh
Well, I'm sorry. The way you asked the question must have had me confused. duh

here is one that I snapped a pic of it today.. Was at the Ludikrs show in Rialto..

Got more a couple more pics of it.. different side show and one taken of the rear view.. Also there was another bagged sport trac there.. However this one was the best of the 2.. Also its laying on 22's..

did you happen to look underneath and see how the back was done on any one of them?

lo xploder said:
did you happen to look underneath and see how the back was done on any one of them?

Sorry I looked under to see if it was laying but not to see how the back was done.. Next show I go to I'll try to take a few photos for you.. I would assume it was linked..

ok man cool. try to get a few pics of the rear set up for me. i would appreciate it

ok i know this has nothing to do with bags. but i lowered my truck almost 2 inches in the front an 3 inches in the rear. loosened torsions in front. drivers bolt just out barely, passengers side bolt out completely??? it was originally off 1.8 deg driver side and 2.2 deg on pass side. i went to get it aligned and had the 2 deg camber kit put in and i have .08 deg neg camber on the driver side and 1.1 degree on the pass side . now both side are perfectly level at 32.25 inches to fender well. what is up with that? i still have neg camber, i mean its not like its slammed or anything??

Judging by those numbers it looks like you had a 1 degree kit installed. I lowered my truck about 1.5" in the front, had camber adjusters installed and the alignment didnt come out that great and caused my tires to wear bad. I took it to another shop and it came out perfect. That was 2 years ago. I just had a new steering rack installed by the dealer and they tried 3 times to get my alignment right and couldnt do it. I took it back to the shop that got it right the last time and they got it perfect again. I know they arent making it up either because when you have a good alignment you can feel it. My truck handles and drives 1000x better after I had it aligned by the good shop both times.

I would try another shop.

i bought was is supposed to be a 2 degree kit from pro suspension. i need to come up with some upper control arms that will correct my camber?

Back