• Register Today It's free!

Buying 2016 Sport next week

Primetime1267

Reaction score
City, State
Sarasota, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
Hey guys.. I bought my wife a 2014 X-Limited during the summer and she loves it.
So I took a 2016 X-Sport overnight from the dealer, they gave me a Ruby red.
I do like the color but I'm torn between the Ruby red and a white version they have.

4480aa83daeb8374da81c0f9e83e39cf.jpg

a35c401034a36597619ad01353d51ff2.jpg

Im trading in my white 08 Cadillac Escalade and was just blown away by the performance of the X-Sport ecoboost motor.

How well does the Ruby red color hold up to the sun beating on it?

The white one they have has some custom paint work done and they swapped out the rims and tires.

Here is a Ruby red, Im sure everyone has seen one.
114a090763314ffc86e6d6ed7140f967.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The white one is more "unique" with the mods.
If they're the same price and mileage, I'd get the white colour.

The white one has about 7k being added to the price. And the white one has about 3k miles on it since the owners wife is driving it. The ruby red will be brand spanking new.

The white one has about 7k being added to the price. And the white one has about 3k miles on it since the owners wife is driving it. The ruby red will be brand spanking new.

Ok, Ruby Red it is. Lol

You think its bad ass now, put a tune in it!

LOL. Ok let's see: TSW Nurburgring wheels, approx $1,500 for all 4 (Discount Tire). Tires, mounting, balancing, sensors, brings you up to maybe $3,000 total. Ruby Red FTW! And you'll have an extra set of wheels & tires!

You think its bad ass now, put a tune in it!

Ohh yeah already on my list, they do all of their custom tunes in house in their high performance dept., so I dont need to worry about any warranty issues. :D

From what I have read and heard, the 2016 tunes haven't been worked out yet.
But I will be their test pilot..

ohh yeah already on my list, they do all of their custom tunes in house in their high performance dept., so i dont need to worry about any warranty issues. :d

from what i have read and heard, the 2016 tunes haven't been worked out yet.
But i will be their test pilot..

oh its worked out! Livernois is the place to get the handheld and tune.:D

I vote for Ruby Red - hides any blemishes better and there are so many white vehicles on the road today (White is the new Black).

Back