Colorado Color Run 09/2018 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Color Run 09/2018

What dates in Sept Do you all want? Let us know what weeks you would like for the gathering.

• 09/08 - 09/15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 09/22 - 09/29

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks guys.
Been wanting to get back here for many years, and sold the farm, to fund this trip, but due to a series of unfortunate events, it's just not in the cards this year. So much work and effort over the last year, has gone into getting ready for this trip, to fall flat, is heart breaking.

I will try to get back there someday, but it wont be next year. Moab is already planned for 2019. Hopefully the rig will be fixed by then.

MOAB does sound like a great trip. My Wife and I have often talked about it. Might have to do plan on doing that next year with my Daughter's Sport also. That would be FUN.

Ok, got the time off, and have enough budgeted to bring the camper. Now... I've never seen the Ouray campsites, it would be great if the group could get sites that were close by for gathering in the evenings for campfires and war stories.
Also, what will be the best days to reserve? I got the entire first week of September just to be safe.
Another also, we're getting close to the date of camp... Can we start a list of "definites", "maybes" and "sorry can't go but have fun anyways". Ya know... A head count
And finally... Anyone in the phoenix area, or traveling through the phoenix area wanna caravan there with a slow dude pulling a camper?

The Time I have set aside for this was August 31 to Sept 03. I have looked at some camp sites (via Internet) And Have not found anything really for a big group but from the looks of it it will be a pretty small group. I will be there and hoping to have 2 rigs with me. Like @traveler said if you can post yes no maybe please do and I will keep the list. So far looking like 3 rigs

Thanks all :)

Did you guys make reservations or at least call the Ouray KOA? Plenty big sites with plenty of room for you guys. We had at least 20 of us there once. Sites are big enough for all to gather around a camp fire, fires permitted at that time of course. Really hope the July/August monsoons have taken care of the dry conditions by then.

Yeah it is raining here but right now the Fire ban is still in effect.

Later on today I will try and remember to call and see what they have available.

OK I talked with a KOA rep and he said we will need to have a deposit and we would need 5 different deposits if we have 20 people. So I need to know How many people are gonna make it. So I can hopefully get the proper amount of sites or we can just fend for your self. I know I can get one camp site reserved. If you would like to call your self the number would be 970-325-4736. If you are calling please let them know my name and maybe we can keep it as close as possible to keep everyone together.

@gmanpaint What camp site did you all use last time? They were saying only 5 per camp site.

All I meant was there was enough room to gather. We all had our own sites to set up at.

They do have a large section for big groups, but that is just a center type open area, with all the individual sites around it. You don't want that.

Well, put me down for one person and one small RV. :) I'll call and make a reservation as soon as I decide which days it will be for sure.

I’m still a maybe for this trip... I’m pretty sure I could get the time off from work. However I’m not super confident in the health of the engine of the Explorer:( Don’t worry about trying to get a reservation for me, if I can make it I’ll figure something out for camping. Whether that’s a spot at the KOA or something more primitive

Here’s to hoping I can make it:chug:

I am really thinking of primitive camping also. I have before at trail heads and had no issues.

Well, if everyone is planning on primitive camping (and everyone is going as a bachelor), I could probably be persuaded to primitive camp, and bring Gmans Big Tent. If our numbers are as few as it appears so far, and the tent is as big as he claims it is, we could all fit in one tent. One tent, one site, save on camp fees, and definitely save on gas. Of course some folks prefer their own place at night and I understand that. Just a suggestion I thought I'd throw out there. If it looks like that might work I'd have to set it up first in the backyard to see just how big it is and what kind of shape its in. I haven't set it up since I got it.

That could help out anyone who wants to primitive camp but doesn't have a tent.

Well myself I have wife and kids with but have no issue set up tent with everyone else.

Well an update... any chances of me going are gone. I was doing some checking on the engine today, and cylinder 6 (middle cylinder driver side) is showing early signs of a bad head gasket. It’s not real bad right now, but I won’t trust it on a 6 plus hour drive there. So unfortunately I won’t be able to make it:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back