DRL (Daytime Running Lights) | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is great news! Waiting for my USB OBD2 link to arrive to test it. The link you posted did not work by the way.

Click the link on post 165. It works.

Any chance if you talk to the guys at Forscan if we can also have FRONT & REAR TURN LAMPS for DRL?

Waiting for the "that's illegal" crowd.

Waiting for the "that's illegal" crowd.
Not sure why that would be illegal. Some manufacturers have been using rear DRL, sometimes referred to as rear 'fog' lamps, for years.

Peter

i´ve tested the options.... but don´t work on my Explorer.......

nothing happens... still only the turn lights as DRL work

it was a nice try :)

i do it wrong..

DRL with turn lights works "always"

DRL with fog and halogen works if the gearbox is not in "P"- mode....

so good job guys! :)

i do it wrong..

DRL with turn lights works "always"

DRL with fog and halogen works if the gearbox is not in "P"- mode....

so good job guys! :)

There are 3 conditions that must be met for the DRL to be active:

• the ignition must be in the on position and
• the lighting control is in the off, autolamp, or parking lamp position and
• the transmission is not in PARK.

Can you take a picture of low beam DRL and one of regular headlights on? I want to see the brightness difference.

Can you take a picture of low beam DRL and one of regular headlights on? I want to see the brightness difference.

I take to photos... but the streetlight are to bright...

I think, you don't see the difference in the pictures ...

Maybe i try make new/better photos on weekend

2ibmaf7.jpg

dz9dtw.jpg

That is great news! Waiting for my USB OBD2 link to arrive to test it. The link you posted did not work by the way.

I'm looking to do this but I only have iOS devices. Which would be the best OBD 2 adapter to buy?

I'm looking to do this but I only have iOS devices. Which would be the best OBD 2 adapter to buy?

I think you'll need a Windows PC for this function.

I think you'll need a Windows PC for this function.

Seems to be correct since IOS version is core 2.2.10 and the core version that added the programming section is core 2.3.0.

Need android or pc.

The dealership took care of it for me with IDS. Saves me the hassle of getting the right version of Forscan or the right OBD II adapter.

Ya I never got a response from the 3 local Ford dealers I contacted and even contacted Ford saying these dealers aren't getting back to me and never heard anything

Ya I never got a response from the 3 local Ford dealers I contacted and even contacted Ford saying these dealers aren't getting back to me and never heard anything

That sucks. I have a really good relationship with my dealership since my old roommate is the GM for used cars. They even know that both my cars are tuned while under warranty and don't question it as long as I can put them back to stock if something does go wrong and we need to make a claim.

Ya pays to know peeps

Hi,

it's possible to turn the "fog light on info lamp" off if i use the fog lights as drl?

That's the one reason why i "can't " use them... Because my wife always say "it looks terrible " ☺

Hi, it's possible to turn the "fog light on info lamp" off if i use the fog lights as drl? That's the one reason why i "can't " use them... Because my wife always say "it looks terrible " ☺

Info light? You talking about the single rear fog lamp on ECE vehicles?

I mean the light that shows you if te fog lights are on... Don't know the right word in English.... ☺

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I mean the light that shows you if te fog lights are on... Don't know the right word in English.... ☺

Oh indicator light on instrument cluster.

To my knowledge, I don't believe it can.

Back