Engine won't crank -- Lots of troubleshooting with no result | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine won't crank -- Lots of troubleshooting with no result

I am Having Very Similar Problems with my 94 Sport. i cleaned a MAF sensor to remove a rough idle which worked out great. after running it around the block to ensure a smooth ride i parked it and let it sit for a few minutes. then i had to drive to the store to get some groceries and it wouldnt crank. i also noticed that the smog?/fuel pump? didnt kick on as it usually does in the run key position. the battery light went on and i felt i should change a few things. while troubleshooting the battery i tried starting it when my key snapped off inside! X.X its been rough but after dismantling the column replacing the ignition switch and ignition lock mechanisms ive found myself with more of a problem child than id ever hope.

it wont crank.
the battery is drained of voltage when the terminals are connected.
check engine and abs and battery light come on and off when they choose
very confused slightly frustrated ive noticed a small black box to the right of my stearing coulmn that has one cable going in and one out to a recepticle that looks like a large 6mm audio jack with a flashing red light. possibly an anti theft killswitch system?

Got IT!!!!!! there was an ignition kill-switch that was made in Sweden apparently it does not work all the time. i had not known of it and hadnt the key so i backtracked the wires and found that they just interupted my ignition switch. spliced the wires runs just as it did before!:salute:

Would you know where the ignition kill switch is located? The one from Sweden?

Back