Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!! | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!!

What makes them illegal in GA? In Arizona frames can't cover the word Arizona.. I know anything that "obsures" the plate is illegal in Az but frames don't count, only those clear covers and louvers and they help make it so cameras etc can't see the plate information.

This is the only thing I could find for georgia..
40-2-6.1. Obscuring license plate in order to impede surveillance equipment

Any person who willfully covers any license plate with plastic, other material, or any part of his or her body in order to prevent or impede the ability of surveillance equipment to clearly photograph or otherwise obtain a clear image of the license plate is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $1,000.00.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not too sure honestly, I just know that since my plate frame looked like this

41RT02ERDXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

And all I can figure is because it was covering my county name at the bottom middle, he got all pissy about it. But he showed me on his little squad car computer, as well as on the ticket, that having any obstruction on the license plate is illegal... Which makes me laugh, because it's standard for dealers to give those out with their cars, so who knows. :rolleyes:

Thats problably it.. Arizona just passed the same type of Law.. can't cover any of the plate.. But the Explorerforum one doesn't cover the plate. It stays around the outside edge.. so it "should" be fine..

~Mark

Thats problably it.. Arizona just passed the same type of Law.. can't cover any of the plate.. But the Explorerforum one doesn't cover the plate. It stays around the outside edge.. so it "should" be fine..

~Mark

True, but I can't take any more chances, those sons of b*&%$es have taken too much of my money as it is lol :p:

True, but I can't take any more chances, those sons of b*&%$es have taken too much of my money as it is lol :p:

If the cover hides the state name it is illegal. Ours are 50 state legal.

Got both of mine the other week, look great =D Maybe make some with explorer4x4.com on the bottom?

Bump;
Got four of them awhile back. Nice!
Two for the RV, one for my Pickup and one for the Trailer.
Can't put them on the Explorer because I would just rip it off on the next off road mission.

TTT
Still have several remaining!!

Thats great I have to get two next time I get paid, just have to remember because I'm always forgetting

Can I send a money order?

Hey Turdle
Looks good but is there anyway we can get a sport truck version of a license plate frame? I'm betting there is a good number of people in the lowered scene that would rep one.

Thanks

Hey Turdle
Looks good but is there anyway we can get a sport truck version of a license plate frame? I'm betting there is a good number of people in the lowered scene that would rep one.

Thanks

That is a great idea. You have to know in your heart I was on that--

For pricing which makes it feasible however, a minimum order of 300 units is required. They have to make a mold.

I have gone through about 300 of this style.

I doubt there is a demand for 300 www.explorersportruck.com frames.

I wish that wasn't the case---

In any event. This is the "serious explorations" original logo. There is always a place for it , even on a street truck.

Explorer your mind,explore your family,explore your street, explore your world.

I made that up just now. Seriously. :D

Explorer your mind,explore your family,explore your street, explore your world.

I made that up just now. Seriously. :D

Hahaha I like that, I'm going to add that to my sig if you dont mind. Yea I understand. Do you happen to have any left?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hahaha I like that, I'm going to add that to my sig if you dont mind. Yea I understand. Do you happen to have any left?
Thanks

Yes I do. PLease follow the instructions in the first post.

Thanks!!!

Oh feel free to use the quote. I'll make more. :D

Back