Hazardiz's 91 exploder on full widths and 38s | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hazardiz's 91 exploder on full widths and 38s

Its come a long way but still has more to come i think...but here's where its at now

91 Exploder
stock 4.0 w hooker headers (3rd one)
built A4LD (still sucks - 3rd one)
stock tcase (2nd one)

front diff - 79 F150 crewcab D44 w 4.88s w aussielocker
rear diff - 88 F150 8.8 w 4.88s w aussielocker
front leafs are 2001 ranger rear packs, 2 packs per one front
rear leafs are custom built pack from local spring shop
-custom front crossmember
-F250 hangers and shackles on front springs
-F250 shock mounts up front
-38.5x15x15 boggers
-custom front bumper w 8274 warn
-custom rear bumper
-custom rockers 3.5"x3.5"x6' 3/8s welded in
-2-12 pioneer subs
-2 JL amps
-JL components in all 4 doors
-Pioneer premier 850 deck

future plans:
-347 (stroked 302)
-built AOD
-lower half exo cage
-chop top

Let me know if ya got any other ideas...thanks

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

holy flex batman, thats a really nice pic. the first one i mean, although i think rookies pic kicks yours in the can. that was some crazy ****

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

well i got my motor pretty much together now for the 5.0 swap...we started assembling it at 1:40am last saturday...the shop at the new house is 5300 sqft...with two overhead doors...so i think i'll manage here...here are some pics of the motor and the one shop area...and yes i know the throttle body need to be turned a quarter turn...

http://www.trailmonster.com/MonsterRides/Just_Pic.aspx?img=MR_88_Image_24.jpeg

http://www.trailmonster.com/MonsterRides/Just_Pic.aspx?img=MR_88_Image_25.jpeg

http://www.trailmonster.com/MonsterRides/Just_Pic.aspx?img=MR_88_Image_23.jpeg

http://www.trailmonster.com/MonsterRides/Just_Pic.aspx?img=MR_88_Image_21.jpeg

http://www.trailmonster.com/MonsterRides/Just_Pic.aspx?img=MR_88_Image_22.jpeg

Nice!!

Dang. I don't know which I like more...the motor or that bigass shop. :D

and thats not even the biggest part of the shop...where the mog sits is much bigger...its go 2 overhead doors...a 12x12 electric and a 10x8 spring loaded...pics coming...the motor i am very happy with so far...

When I first checked out this topic, I knew I had seen that truck before... And then it hit me. You were on the front page of Canadian 4Wheeler. Here, my first issue I had got from them, only because it had an explorer on the front, and I was hoping for a write up.. but alas, nothing but toyota stuff.. I was gonna scan my copy and post it, but I cant find that damn mag anywhere... Props for being on the front cover man.

ya i was super stoked when i got the magazine in the mail...I called Al vandervelt right away(magazine owner) and thanked him for putting me on the cover. I'm currently trying to setup a page with all my build pics so far that i can just post a link to.

Started pulling apart the wiring in my expo to put the 5.0 painless harness in...we'll see how it goes. Got more pics coming...bear with me i'm an engineering student(busy)....

hazardiz said:
thanks for the input 4x4 explorer...the fender flares i have are pretty much what you did...just with mill belting...they work well...but what are those Dzus screws? can ya buy them seperate or how does that work? on a side note...tranny blew up yesterday...so i pushed the truck in the shop and are starting to tear stuff out for v8...yippee

PICT6805.jpg

PICT6806.jpg

Just read all the posts, nice truck and grads on the cover shot. Here are some Dzus fastners that I have on my B11 project. They are on my quick release fenders. Just a 1/4 turn and there off. They hook into the spring and pull up and then locks in a groove. Work still in progress. These came 10 in a pack and were about $28

wow thats gonna be an awesome 5.0L conversion and could you please get a bigger shop? That place is way too small! Geesh! how does one work in such cramped conditions?

haha i agree...new shop and motor both look friggen sweet

got more pictures uploaded to a page...more will come now that i got myself a new digital...heres the link for pics of everything...
http://photobucket.com/albums/c332/hazardiz/
let me know if ya want more specific pics of anything...

Did you think of anything for the flares? What is your backspacing on those wheels? I'm going F/W on my '99 and was just going to find some factory Eddie Bauer flares to help cover the tires, that and try to get the tires in as far as possiable :rolleyes:

the backspacing on the wheels are 3.75"...as for flares i think i'm gonna stay with what i got for now until i do something to them that i hafta redesign them...i'm gonna be cutting the outsides off my front bumper and change that pretty quick...

got some pics with the new camera of the motor now that its complete and just waiting to finish up hacking apart the factory harness to lay in the painless one...
100_0004.jpg

100_0006.jpg

100_0001.jpg

100_0008.jpg

not to change the subjuct, but what size wheels do you have the boggers on

no prob...they are 15x10 steelies...

well the motor is in now...painless harness all laid in...loomed (cut myself way to much)...got my 1" trick flow intake spacer...upper intake is on...rebuilt the D20 tcase and bought twin sticks for it...got my adapter from advanced for the D20 behind the C6...I went with the adapter for a ZF5 to D20 because it works just the same and now I can clock the tcase...and it was a bunch cheaper...I got a free set of flat top D44 knuckles from a buddy and swapped those on as well...didn't do highsteer as the knuckles happened in the middle of the 5.0 swap...i'm not a rock munkey anyway...but i will have pictures in the next week...332/c6/D20 twin sticked...

i have a 94 ford ranger and i want to do a solid front axle conversion and i want leafs and want to know how much wor it is to do so ?

Are all of your build pictures on you PhotoBucket account?

I'd love to see some more if you have some!

GREAT looking truck.

Mickey

Back