Hey sXc'ers READ | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey sXc'ers READ

Wow, this thread is over 3 times longer than the second longest thread in this section. That's pretty funny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Me, RedShift, and 96XBabe all went there for High School...some of us are still there *cough RedShift cough*. Haha, just kiddin.

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
Me, RedShift, and 96XBabe all went there for High School

Damn, what were the chances of that one

I hear ya, but there has to be a certain number of bad ***** on every board:D

YEAH! LoL it is cool that we all went to North.. didn't we have a class together Patrick.. i think we did..
Anyways.. i was SOOO glad to get out of the high school! :D

awe.. its like a class reunion.. just early..

:mattmoon: :fart:

btw patrick.. finally washed my truck.. it looks like crap now! oh well!

Originally posted by jasonb
awe.. its like a class reunion.. just early..

:mattmoon: :fart:

btw patrick.. finally washed my truck.. it looks like crap now! oh well!

that sucks, if you need an all out detail you know who to call haha. I can get it back to new....well maybe semi new haha. I would just say to keep it dirty, then the scratches dont show

i just may take you up on that.. or at least some tips. :D what was the scratch remover you use?

I would get a random orbital buffer, i have one, you are welcome to borrow it. Then you just put on the Dead Link Removed and then put on the Dead Link Removed by hand preferably. WIth the swirl remover just go over the scratches real good, any scratch that your fingernail gets stuck in is basically un-removable. But that swirl remover will hide most scratches. There is also the fine cut cleaner, but that stuff is a little tricky if you have not done it before...in my opinon the Swirl Remover and the Cleaner Wax will do wonders. As long as you do it all in your garage or in the shade you will be fine, like i said, if you dont have a buffer or dont wanna buy one I will be home in 2 weeks and you can use mine all you want. Good luck, either do that or get that bad boy dirty again haha.

now that i think about it, i have all that stuff in my car right now and i can just let you borrow it when i come home...that'll save ya 20 bones.

i tried one of the buffers once that a friend had.. it kept slinging the bonnet (i think that's what they are called) off it would land in the dirt everytime! so i had to clean it and dry it and try again... then whooop! there it goes again. i had to be doing something wrong.
i gave up and did it all by hand. wasn't that bad. most of the scrathes are not fingernail hanging deep. i think i'll give it all a shot this weekend. thanks!

jasonb

You guys are lucky you have Sports. Sometimes, the XLTs just seem huge. When you're about to try to detail the Ex is one of those times

That is true....waxing can be a PITA.

Hmmm......I wouldn't know what ya'll are talking about on this one. I have never even washed mine yet, let alone waxed it.

It looks so good to keep a black one washed and waxed. Looks like crap if you dont. Dust collects very quickly if that nice coat of wax isnt there.

Originally posted by Chris4x4Gill2
I have never even washed mine yet, let alone waxed it.

But you just got it, so that doesn't count :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back