How Do I Get It Off? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How Do I Get It Off?

This May Be A Stupid Question, But On A 95 Ex Sport, How Do I Get The Rear Wiper Off? It Doesn't Come Off The Same As The Front Ones. I Thought Maybe It Might Just Pull Straight Off, But I Was Worried About Breaking It.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOWPROEXPLORER said:
This May Be A Stupid Question, But On A 95 Ex Sport, How Do I Get The Rear Wiper Off? It Doesn't Come Off The Same As The Front Ones. I Thought Maybe It Might Just Pull Straight Off, But I Was Worried About Breaking It.

Ummm, whats this have to do with the "Need for speed" section??? :confused: :D

What does it have to do with "Need for Speed"? Well there is the obvious weight savings along with the reduction of drag.

LOWPROEXPLORER said:

If the wiper is attached to the trunk and not the window, pull on the black plastic piece where it mounts and it should pop off. Underneath that you'll see a 12 or a 13 (can't remember) nut. Just unbolt that and it should pull off.

90ranajo said:
What does it have to do with "Need for Speed"? Well there is the obvious weight savings along with the reduction of drag.

Please tell me this is a joke. :rolleyes: Sounds like something a ricer would do to try to go faster. :nono:

No, actually I forgot i was in the need for speed forum, not the body work forum. But i wanted to take the arm off to repaint it, i figured it been easier to take it off than to tape everything up. I could just leave it off and i might get an extra 5mph top speed though, along with a coffee-can exhaust pipe. J/K

rocket 5979 said:
Please tell me this is a joke. :rolleyes: Sounds like something a ricer would do to try to go faster. :nono:

or some thugged out gangsta kid...... :rolleyes:

jimbo74 said:
or some thugged out gangsta kid...... :rolleyes:

What would a thugged out gangsta kid do with a detached wiper?.....Beat someone with it? :D :D :D ;)

Back