How many explorers have you had? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many explorers have you had?

Uk

This is my number two- first was an xlt, this one is a Northface- like your EB, but with center gearbox shift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess I could update my list as I'm on my 4th Explorer now.
First 96 5.0
muddy.jpg

2nd 02 with 4.0L, this one was super nice to drive on the highway but sucked horibly offroad and the transmission may have been the worst thing I've ever experienced.
Image043.jpg

Then the wheeling bug bit me again as well as wanting something with a decent transmission and engine with some power. This one got sold recently due to how much I was driving and the lack of suspension travel in the front.
P082810002.jpg

So this is my new project/ winter driver 93, sport with a 5spd
SANY0697.jpg

Right now I'm at three although I technically don't own the 3rd one quite yet. First is the 94 XLT, the one that started the addiction. Next is the 92 Sport that I picked up as a parts car but is becoming my trail rig. And third is the Purple (violet?) 97 Sport I picked up a month ago but I'm still waiting on the title from the seller. We gave him an ultimatum as it's now over a month since I bought it and no title so he may be getting it back.

;)My 98 is my first and only Explorer but I have owned some other Fords

1976 F150 Regular Cab Long Box - Bright Yellow, 3" BL, 35" BFG Mud Terrains, 390cid, first vehicle bought before I even had a license. Traded for 1979 Mustang. I still miss this truck to this day.

1979 5.0L Mustang Pace Car Replica - Sold to fund 1986 F150 Project

1986 F150 Extended Cab Long Box 4x4 - It had a bagged 302, sh**ty brown paint, 3" body lift and 33's when I bought it. I painted it bright yellow, installed 4" BDS Suspension Lift (7" total lift), Installed 302 out of a '95 F150, Got 35's, Rebuilt 9", rebuilt 4 spd trans, custom dual exhaust. This was a very nice truck when I was done but I was going to school and had to sell it.

1989 Ford Probe - I bagged on this car for a couple of years was probably one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned, especially since I didn't really maintain it all that well.

1980 F250 Reg Cab Long Box 4x4, 460cid, Auto - Bought for $500 sold the chassis/body for $500 and the motor for $750.00

1981 Ford Bronco 4x4 351M Auto - Was a project truck that I had to sell because we were moving, sold it to my brother in law who proceeded to blow the engine. He ended up scrapping it.

And I have had some other vehicles over the years that don't need to be mentioned

I have 2.
A 1998 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 with a 4.0L OHV
And the latest addition a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 with a 4.0L SOHC and with a piece of sh## 5r55s transmission... :p:
I may be down to one X next summer.

I currently have an 05 XLT. When I was a kid my mom had a 93 XLT.

As for Fords I've had:
86 Taurus
86 Bronco II
91 Thunderbird LX 5.0
1994 Crown Vic P71
2000 Mazda B-3000 (Ranger)
2006 Fusion SEL V6.

Oh, and I'm only 30 with this many Fords... along with other makes. My blood runs bluee.

My 02 xls is my first vehicle.
sweet

I had a white 97 5.0L, white 99 4.0L SOHC and 01 5.0L Eddie Bauer

Just ordered my 4th. I've had a '92 Sport, a '94 Sport and an '01 XLS in the past. Now we have an '11 XLT coming.

I've had 5 now.... and 92 is the newest one :p

Well I was heavily into wheelin rangers, and then I got married. Now ive got a wife and 9 and 10 year old daughters that like to go wheelin too, so I had to get a family friendly wheeler. That led to my first explorer, a 97 explorer sport sittin on 36"s. I've had many many ford 4x4's over the years, 19 now that I count. Plus I had a 66 mustang coupe and I have a 31 model A coupe that was my great grand fathers I inherited.

I had a 94XLT 180,000 traded it for the 00XLT which has 160,500 I am planning on running until 200,000
Had 87BII, traded it for the 94XLT

so far 1 i got an 2001 Explorer Sport 4x2

and my uncle just recently bought a used 2009 Explorer Eddie Baurer V8

I never got the title on the Purple 97' so the guy gave me a 95 Sport instead. I guess that puts me at 3.5? The 95 was sold when the transmission started going and I picked up an 88 Bronco II which is like half an Explorer which brings my grand total to 4.

Just the one, but after all the donor vehicles I've picked off of, let's just say collectively two. :)

Looking at a 3rd-4th gen to add to the cache, it'll be a few years though.

My 2000 Sport is personally my first one, and hopefully there's plenty more in my future. But as a family, it's our second Explorer.
My parents had a white 1992 XLT that was our DD/family hauler when I was younger. Was a great truck, and although the salesman never said anything about the problems lurking under the hood, a few trips to the machine shop and she was back running fine. However, it slowly deteriorated and having a family kinda forced repairs to take a back seat. It would take more to fix than to just scrap it. It went through quarts of oils more than gas(which Explorer owners know is alot), the body was rusting horribly, trans only had a gear and a half left, and the transfer case and front end was shot, and wouldn't go past 40mph. Every time you touched 4X4, the truck shut off. But, no matter how bad it got and the more things that broke, it still kept running and got us where we needed to go. That thing was literally indestructible.

Forum only vehicles??

Okay well since it's forum related only.....

1986 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 shortbed 2.9 v6 5 speed, my first stick shift

1983 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd longbed 2.8 v6 5 speed (worst engine ford made)

2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer (bought it for $500 w/ a known bad head gasket) My last 4.0 SOHC

1994 Ford Ranger XLT Regular cab 2wd 2.3 5 speed bought with 227k from a buddy and traded it for.....

My mismatched combination of explorers : 1992 Ford Explorer 2wd 5 speed

I call it Personality Disorder

It started out from the factory as an XL model with manual doors, locks, mirrors, but had cruise. After some trading with Foxracin it became an Eddie Bauer (more or less) by that I mean full interior and power doors/ windows/ mirrors. A few months ago I came across a 94 Limited being parted out so I got the front bumper off of it as well as the aftermarket taillights.

I have had numerous other vehicles well over 40. A few chevy's, nissan's, toyota's, and dodge products.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm on my first explorer and lovin it! It's the third vehicle I've had since I started driving. My first two were a 1988 Mitsubishi Montero and a 1998 F-150. The montero rarely worked and I totalled my F-150 alittle over a year ago.

Back