I Got One a Deer!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I Got One a Deer!!!!!

Yeah, i got one alright, i hit a deer tonight on my way back droping off my girlfriend. The deer was coming full force off a hill and ran down into a ditch and i hit the brakes but to late, ran her over. Thankgod for steel bumpers.... :thumbsup:

alright, enough of the chatter on with the pics of carnage!.... ;)

Attachments

• Deer 001a.jpg
    Deer 001a.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 804
  • Deer 002a.JPG
    Deer 002a.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 790
  • Deer 004a.JPG
    Deer 004a.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 785

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

congrads?

haha, thanks guy, i guess???? I'm still kinda ticked off though. So close to home and it happens.

Good thing it was just a dink.

Mbrooks420 said:
Good thing it was just a dink.

yeah really, i had to drag it off the middle of the road an into that ditch. It couldn't of weighed anymore then 90lbs...if that.

Just last night a woman swirved to miss a deer, lost control, fliped over and wound up dead. She made the headlines. The best thing is to hit brakes and hit the deer, do not try to miss dear at all costs. Even the insurance co.s say do not swirve to miss deer. Another woman last year, not picking out woman, but just stating facts. Swirved to miss dear, crossed centerline and ran head into a dump truck. Again dead woman. Glad your allright.

Some people can't execute a controlled swerve, and then again some people just plain can't drive. I always try and avoid things, but only if there is no oncoming traffic, and I'm not already too close. I went to school with a kid who drove his moms brand spanking new car a few miles to the store and swerved to avoid a rabbit, and went off the road, flipped and totalled the car. I think he was neutred shortly after.

Good thing that was a small deer, well looks small in the pic. A 250 to 300 lb buck that damage would have gone up exponentially.

I'd guess by looking that it wieghs 40-60lbs. Just a yearling. A 300lb whitetail would be huge, and entirely smashed in the front. Average shootable whitetails are probably around 120.

That sucks. Too bad you didnt just clip her, you could have had free meat :) All the meats probably bloodshot now since she got ran over. But at least you and the explorer are OK.
Nick

Mbrooks420 said:
...swerved to avoid a rabbit, and went off the road, flipped and totalled the car...

Who swerves to avoid a rabbit? If he would of gotten hurt, he would of deserved a darwin award.

It looks better without the air dam anyways. I think I may have enough parts in the garage to piece it back together ;)

Could've been much worse!

And what were you doing when this all happened? ;)

Keep the lower dam off, raise it up with a body lift or suspension lift and slap some 32s or 33s on there and you won't have to worry about deer.

i have this problem with swerving at things in the road :D :confused:

IAmTodd said:
And what were you doing when this all happened? ;)

Todd, next time crystals going to see you she's gona hit ya, i told ya keep that on the down low... :p

Thanks guys, yea i'm glad everything was minor. An never swearve to miss a deer, the mom did that in the old 95 two weeks after we had it and smacked the gard rale, an bearly kept it from fliping but still managed to hit 7 of the 10 deer on the road. So moral, hit the *****!

poor big red...she kinda looks proud in that picture..haha when i got ur message i could of sworn u said u hit a "big red deer" i was like since when are deer red?...plus it was 2am comin home from the bar...anyway...u tell me to keep Hotness in the garage...haha..damned flyin objects...i'm kinda glad i'm the one that got hit with the sign flyin threw the air...and not the deer...

And that's why the Mustangs DO NOT go out at night in PA...too many deer! I'd rather whack one in the Sammy.

Glad you're ok and it's only minor damage....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like the dmage is very minimal, fortunatly. Let me know if you need any thing reguardign the repair.

Yeah in the past month we have gotten eight to ten deer hits. They really can do A LOT of damage.

BTW if I had a dollar for every time I have pulled those " deer whistles " off of a deer hit car. :rolleyes:

Back