Jerry's 2000 Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jerry's 2000 Eddie Bauer

Elite Explorer, my name is Jerry Mathison from Woodbine, Iowa. Email address: jerrym@iowatelecom.net. I have a 2000 4DR Eddie Bauer AWD. Toreador red with Med Prairie Tan interior. 5.0L V8 engine 4-speed automatic O/D transmission. Optional Equipment: 3.73 LS axle/trailer tow, Trailer Towing Package, Heated Seats, Power Moon Roof, and Multi-Disc CD Changer. July of 2000 I purchased this explorer for my wife. I just purchased her a new Ford Edge. I took this Explorer for myself. It now has 39,000 miles on it. I would say it has less than two hundred miles off of hard surface roads. It is as clean as the day she got it.

The following are thing that I have just done to it in the past five hundred miles. Most of these things were not necessary but I did most of them myself just knowing it is in perfect condition.

New Lower Ball Joints
New Front break rotors and break pads.
New Radiator (because of small leak)
Transmission Flush
New Gas Filter
New Air Filter
Synthetic oil transfer case
Synthetic oil front and rear differential
Engine oil & Filter has always been changed every 3,000 miles. (Synthetic Oil)
Firestone tires were replaced with Goodyear at 15,000 miles by Ford.

Exterior:

Bug Shield
Curt custom trailer hitch, with chrome receiver & Ball.
Chrome Grill insert to be installed.
Chrome exhaust tip.
Rear chrome license plate bracket w/plastic cover.
Front black license plate bracket w/plastic cover.

Interior:

2610 Garmin GPS
Molded Wood Dash Kit (By Wood Dash Experts)

Future:
Thinking about Flowmaster exhaust system. (Stainless Steel)

Attachments

• P3070028.JPG
    P3070028.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 11,920
  • P3070031.JPG
    P3070031.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 5,004
  • P3070029.JPG
    P3070029.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 5,066
  • P3070024.JPG
    P3070024.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 19,663

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Flowmaster Exhaust

Very nice truck, very low miles and the paint looks great!

If you don't already, you'll love the V8 drivetrain, I know I do.

You mentioned exhaust work- check out this thread-

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180580

Yes this is what I had been checking and watching. My exhaust is in perfect condition so I hate to take it off and put an aluminum Flowmaster muffler and tail pipe on. The stainless steel is so expensive. I am going to check with a muffler shop and see what they would charge to just replace the muffler and use my tail pipe by welding it back to the muffler. They would have to make a Y pipe for the muffler. This might not be as expensive?

Yes this is what I had been checking and watching. My exhaust is in perfect condition so I hate to take it off and put an aluminum Flowmaster muffler and tail pipe on. The stainless steel is so expensive. I am going to check with a muffler shop and see what they would charge to just replace the muffler and use my tail pipe by welding it back to the muffler. They would have to make a Y pipe for the muffler. This might not be as expensive?

Don't want to hijack your registry- but to keep it short, I'd run a dual in, single out rather than a y pipe, and loose the rear cats. Depending on what kind of sound you want, I'd look into a Magnaflow, they are awesome, all welded stainless steel construction. Feel free to discuss this in the thread linked above-

Especially with your low mileage, I'd definitely check into some Torque Monster Headers, you'd have many miles to enjoy them.

very nice explorer u got there jerry

Back