Mounting Radar Detector under CD Player | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mounting Radar Detector under CD Player

hornz2000

Reaction score
City, State
Athens, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
I saw a Radar Detector/ CB Scanner made by Uniden the other day that is a box basically. It looks to be about 1 inch in heigth by 4 or 5 inches width. There is extra, empty space under my In-dash CD player because it is smaller than the stock. Could I have a place install it down in the empty space that the dash kit hides??

nope, because the sensor would be hidden. i wish i had a pic of my radar detector to help explain this, but the radar detector has a sensor on it somewhere, usually a little thing on top of it, or the front side of the unit, and if you put the radar detector in the dash, youll cover the sensor and it wont pick up any radar signals.

the valentine one is the only one i know of that you can stick the sensor somewhere less noticeable and mount the display in the dash, or somewhere else.

Originally posted by tbomb
the valentine one is the only one i know of that you can stick the sensor somewhere less noticeable and mount the display in the dash, or somewhere else.

The Passport people also have a remote mount unit.

hornz2000, I agree with aldive with the remote set-up. I have the K40 remote radar. The sensor is mounted behind the grill. I have the radio adapter with the pocket too, but the pocket is on top. The place took out radio and trimmed the pocket so the radar will fit. It looks great. The are a few radar companies have the remote set-up. I know Valentine, Bel, K40, and Passport carries a few models. Good luck.

Back