Mounting Radar detector above rear view mirror (pics) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mounting Radar detector above rear view mirror (pics)

if i was going fast enough to take a picture of my odometer, I would have been arrested for wreckless driving probably.... :rolleyes:

The thing is, it was around a corner and I saw people slowing down, and I has a gut instinct that there was a cop there... but for some reason I only tapped the brakes a little bit...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by hydroxy
School is like 4 hrs from my home address (address on license) so I doubt the guy will show up to court, thinking I wont drive 4 hours for a stupid speeding ticket.

He will show up. Don't bank on him not showing up. I guarantee you that you weren't the first or last ticket that he wrote that day. Cops were pulling people over left and right on 81 b/c they knew VT was letting out and all of the rich kids were driving daddy's SUV's back north. The truckers were cursing the students something awful coming back last night.

ha! the truckers can curse us all they want... it is our road too ya know. I know that a lotta people cut them off and bahblahblahb but that happens to everyone. And yes, I know they are very important to our economy and whanot.

anyways - pics of the new V1 in action should be up soon

Do you have oversize tires? If so, take a picture of what the size of your tires and of what the drivers door sticker says and go to court. You might not be able beat the ticket, but you might be able to lower the fine and get away w/o getting any points.
(S X D1) / D2

S=Speedometer reading
D1= Diameter of tires
D2=Diameter of tires on door sticker

Alrighty guys - I was anxious to get some road time in w/ my new V1 so I took it out for a spin. Even without my housing/CB radio. Of course, I didn't bother to read the directions carefully enough before I left so I didn't know what mode to have on during the city - so I had the 'report all' mode on... You should have seen it when I pulled into Home Depot, lit me up light a christmas tree.. got 5 on bogey counter, signal strength at 6, with all arrows lit... But anyways - the black car infront of me was an undercover cop...

Pulling into a shopping center:
10058pictoiuure009.jpg

10058picture011.jpg

10058picturkke010.jpg

10058pictllure012.jpg

10058picture013.jpg

I think if anything my new tires are smaller =( old ones were 275/35/r15 new ones are 255/55/r18... but I'm going to find the pricetag that went on the door (one w/ mpg and options etc etc) and see if that has it... Maybe if I show them the spare, which I think is very small, they will dum it down... we'll see

Probably just the quality of the image, you figure a license plate is only 6"x9" or something close to that.

ahh ok i was bout to say

hey also i thought the dectors wouldnt work with things blocking them? isnt that one behind the parking sticker on ur windshield?

Anyone knows if there's gonna be a decreased sensitivity if you put the radar behind the tint strip at the top of the windshield??

ok, certain things blocking them are OK (take your windshield for example)... the tint strip I would think would be ok.

http://www.valentine1.com/moreinfo/Mount.asp

I asked Pete Kaufman from valentine if mounting it behind some thin, clear plastic would effect it at all. He said it wouldn't. I'm guessing the stickers would have 0 effect on it as well.

I know its awhile after you posted about the cop not showing up but trust me they ALWAYS show up unless they know they are wrong because they are gettign paid overtime for showing up at that and if they win then they get more money so... lol i would show up if i were the 4 hours is nothing.

It's my understanding that tinting doesn't affect radar, but it does drastically decrease laser detection.

Back