New England Chapter | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New England Chapter

Seriously...i was wondering if we actually do need a VP yet. If so, I'd be happy to accept but that wasn't my intention. BTW, Tim...you get first crack at BoominXplorer's air dam. How's that? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha nice nice... I can't wait til' the 28th!

Scormunch said:
haha nice nice... I can't wait til' the 28th!

You know, I really wish Tim would take the time to reply to my private message and e-mail about his stock headlights!!! (HINT, HINT)

Isaac, I would love to, but when you only can work 2 days a week; driving to VT just isn't practical for me. I would love to meet up with you guys, but I currently lack the financial means to make any long drives. Soem day I will make it up there, but until then and since none of you have met me yet, I shall remain shrouded in my cloud of mystery :p

Fordexplorer157 said:
You know, I really wish Tim would take the time to reply to my private message and e-mail about his stock headlights!!! (HINT, HINT)

PM Sent :monkey:

Hey whats up guys I got back to CT last November and I havent done much off roading that and I havent found any places that I wont get a ticket for Please let me know of any places in CT to go off roading nagi01@aol.com or pm me here on the site click on the link and check out my X.
http://members.cardomain.com/91explorerxl

well, i dont know of any. i know of a few places in central mass, and a couple in NH, but thats about it. sorry man. feel more than free to tag along on one of our upcomming runs tho man!

Is there an NEX as in North East Explorers ?

DeRocha said:
Is there an NEX as in North East Explorers ?

Probably not but that still uses the same abbreviation as New England Explorers... unless we use NEE? but that sounds kinda weird

Nick26 said:
Probably not but that still uses the same abbreviation as New England Explorers... unless we use NEE? but that sounds kinda weird
But has NEX already been used/spoken for? If not it can mean whatever we want right? I like the NEX abbreviation, and agree NEE :thumbdwn: its just weird. As such NEX could mean New England Explorers or North East Explorers or Nick's Excellant Explorer ;)

yeah, i checked them out when i was stupidly registering our domain name. i still think grocery getter offroad would have been awesome, and maybe attracted more members (cherokees and blazers and such, which are both just as good off road as a plodah is)

Nick26 said:
We will be...the 'wheelers who say NEE. (In case "Ni" is copyrighted.)

This is a great idea. I have been following the Brookline runs and wishing that I had time to join in. I also agree with the idea of having it be an informal group rather than a formal organization. New England Explorers sounds good. Keep it simple, right. I know someone (neighbor) who is starting a small business making tee-shirts. He has no minimum and does the graphic design as well.

members ride page is up on the site. if i missed anybody,let me know. otherwise, i need links to you people's writeup's about your trucks if you want me to link the text of your name to a different site. send me the information either through a PM, or an instant message at FourxFred for AOL instant messenger. it will be a lot easier than trying to read through another 15 posts. oh, and izack, i need a pic of your truck, unless you like the one i used. oh, and last names for you guys would be cool too, but i dont know any of them.

www.newenglandxplorers.com

FourXFred said:
members ride page is up on the site. if i missed anybody,let me know. otherwise, i need links to you people's writeup's about your trucks if you want me to link the text of your name to a different site. send me the information either through a PM, or an instant message at FourxFred for AOL instant messenger. it will be a lot easier than trying to read through another 15 posts. oh, and izack, i need a pic of your truck, unless you like the one i used. oh, and last names for you guys would be cool too, but i dont know any of them.

www.newenglandxplorers.com

Fred

My last name is Cohen.

The link to my cardomain site is in my signature.

FourXFred said:
aaron, i simply dont understand why we need to have such a well organized club with more political members than the bush administration. i was thinking just a group of people who go wheeling, or meeting together, with stickers on their vehicles, and a simple website to keep everybody informed. the way i was thinking about setting it up was that it wouldent cost anything to be in this club, with the exception of the price of a sticker. since there wouldent be any yearly dues to be a member, there would be no need for a treasurer. since there is under 20 of us, there wouldent really need to be people to be in charge of certain areas or districts of the new england area. if we setup a crappy website on geocities (like i already have, check it out www.newenglandxplorers.com ) then we wouldent need a webmaster. i am willing to organize runs, run my website, and collect money and send out stickers. i will pay for the site, and whatever else may come up, up to a certain percentage.

Fred the site looks great! I don't have any write up for my truck yet, since the only thing that is not stock is my headunit, hopefully things will happen this spring if I get a good tax refund and nothing major comes up

I have a cardomain site and there isn't much on there yet but here's the link

http://www.cardomain.com/id/sobelover

Oh, and my last name is Gonzalez

agreed, the site looks awesome...if you need anyone to churn out some code, i can do it.

BTW, Fred, my last name is Mormino, not Mormington :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heheh. sorry mike, my bad dude.

sounds good sandy, hopefully we can keep a conservative in office long enough that you will actually recieve a tax refund ;)

Back