New England Chapter

FourXFred

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 EB
ok guys, weve been talking about it, and i think it should be done.

We need to start our own chapter for us new england guys and gals....

Ive been sending e-mails around attempting to join either ECX, or XtremeXplorers, or whatver its called now for a while, and have gotten few and far between replies. The replies either were that they didnt know who was in charge, or that it was disbanded, or whatever. And since most of us new englanders arent going to be driving 5 1/2 hours down to PA, or 4 hours to NJ for a day of wheeling (been there, done that, not fun), basically a membership in one of these clubs would be nothing more than a sticker on our trucks. Basicaly, the group of us that go wheeling now would be a seperate entity of the larger club in the south anyways. And since i think the name XtreamXplorers sucks, we need to start our own club. Period.

now, i have come up with a couple of different potential names for this club.

NEX (new england xplorers)
SMOR (soccer mom off road)
GGOR (grocery getter off road)
ECXwastaken (self explanitory)

or i like a spin off of a already assembiled club (baystate jeepers) that wont let us in.

Baystate Explorers.

im sure you all have much better ideas.

oh, and since i have organized the only explorer runs in new england in recorded history (/end gloating) i am nominating myslef as president. i will pay to run a website, or if anyone can explain to me like the complete retard that i am how to host it off my own computer, i would do that aswell. i will also handle admissions into the club, and do the most important part, get stickers.

whatta ya all think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I second the club, but I feel that Bay State Explorers, while catchy, wouldn't be accurate since I'm not a Mass resident at least not permanently (don't plan to be either), Matt isn't, nor is Thunderterd, who we need to get ahold of because his buddy owns a couple hundred acres or so in Enfield, NH (near Claremont, Lebanon, Hanover, etc) that he commonly wheels on and needs to be more completely exploited. :) It would also be a good idea to see if the folks from CT want into our club as well. I wouldn't want to exlude them, but it almost seems that they either roll on their own or possibly with the NY/NJ/PA crowd. If they want in both, I say more power to them, but they should fulfill all responsibilities associated with each club.

Unfortunately I don't have time to sit and brainstorm more names, but let's keep the suggestions coming! :)

I think its a great Idea... I'll have to think up some cool new englandy kind of names..

DeRocha said:
I think its a great Idea... I'll have to think up some cool new englandy kind of names..

PFX

Patriot Fan eXplorers :cool:

It would also be a good idea to see if the folks from CT want into our club as well. I wouldn't want to exlude them, but it almost seems that they either roll on their own or possibly with the NY/NJ/PA crowd.

Right now I don't do either since I don't trust going out of state with my truck, even though my tranny has been behaving, I have a leak in my power steering lines and have to put fluid in it at least once a day(depends on how much driving I do), or I won't be able to steer the truck. I have to find out what the price for new lines are and get the guy at my job to fix it. But that's getting a bit off the subject. I would imagine that southern Connecticut members would rather go to NY, NJ or PA since it's closer to them. Living in Central Connecticut as I do, I have a choice which to go to, and since I'd prefer to go wheeling with my fellow New Englanders, count me in.

New England Explorers sounds like a great name for the club. I don't have any other names on my mind, but I'll post if I think of any.

I nominate Fred as the club president, since he's done a kick-ass job of planning runs for us(even though i haven't been able to attend one yet(You all remember what happened to me when I did try to get to the first run), and due to things that are happening at home right now(My older daughter is having breathing problems and the x-rays aren't showing up anything...I'm extremely worried about her), I'm not going to be able to attend the Vermont camping & wheeling trip either. :banghead:

I'm seriously wondering if someone is trying to tell me something, if all the plans I've made to come up there and meet you guys, have derailed for one reason or another. :rolleyes:

But I remain optimistic that I will finally get to hook up with you guys.

Fred, if you need any help with your website, I'll help in the best way I know how.

Happy wheeling y'all,

This sounds sweet. Unfortunatly I have had similar issues with not being able to make any of the runs. Between a summer class, work and health issues with those close to me it has not ben possible for me to make it. I would be very interested in joining,though. As I hope to make it to some runs in the future.

I'm down for a Mass club. Email me. Sounds like it would be fun.

sean

Will be back in Mass soon... Near Fall River. Probably in October, Finally getting out of this oven they call Florida.
it is crazy hot here.and I am soo tired of it.

Altho i'm not into off roading I wouldn't mind joining and going a little off road and helping in anyway I can a long as its not too far away.

Hell yeah I'm in! :bounce:

OK, I'll chime in as the lurker n00b. ;) As far as a name is concerned, NEX makes sense because it follows the same style naming convention as ECX. I agree with izackary that Bay State Explorers may not work because not everyone is from the Bay State.

If you need Web space for a basic club Web site, I have a dedicated server sitting on a 10 Mbps pipe with 1 TB of bandwidth per month. I could set you guys up with a Content Management Server (CMS) like Mambo so no HTML ever needs to be written. All Web site updates and image uploads are done through a Web interface. I can also handle DNS.

As far as the sticker comment, all clubs need stickers! :D KC from www.rallydecals.com is one of my sponsors, and I'm sure he'd do a deal on club decals. He does all the decal work for Trunkmonkey Racing and the New England Subaru Impreza Club.

But yeah, I'm definitely up for a local chapter so I can start getting my X dirty. Or, for some of the more technical runs, parking the X and going for a ride with some of you guys with lifts. :D

Trunkmonkey - 30 posts and already elite? YOU DA MAN!

I really like NEX - New England eXplorers, even though my truck says "Mountaineer" on the seats - it still says "Ford" on everything else :)

I have plenty of website experiance, and would be more than happy to work on it, possibly host it.

Sandy, I hope things start looking up for you and your family - you'll be able to hang out with us in no time. If not, we can just drive down to CT. :cool:

NEX sounds like a sweet name. It's got my vote.

i'm in, too. the CT chapter of ECX is really more for the southern CT members. I know going to mass or VT would be a lot better than going down to PA or jersey for a run.

yeah, NEX is fine (though i still like PFX, too :D) Count me in!!

NEX sounds good to me. Count me in.

Well NEX Sounds good to me. I was an ECX member but had not heard from anyone in ages. So who is going to head up the club? Are we gonna have Chapter/State Representives in charge of their states?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, we can have a florida style election to decide who will head this club up. i have family in dade county and they said that during the last presidential elections the "chad" system worked well...

or, to take a quote from the movie starship troopers:

"ill do it untill i die, or they find someone better."

i can get stickers no problem, either through this guy i know, or through trunkmonkey's sponsor. ill check out both of them and see which one would be cheaper. as far as a website goes, i probally shouldent have offered to do it, because i know less than nothing about website setup and design and whatever else goes on. i could setup a stupid one with yahoo or whatever for a temporary thing, but we'll probally want something a little bit better for permanent usage.

as far as different states having different leaders and whatnot, i dont really care. it doesnt seem to me that this needs to be anywhere that complicated for the time being, since there is only like 15 of us. just a group of people, with someone to buy stickers and organize runs, and pay for a website, sounds good enough to me.

oh, and i also like NEX for a name.

Back