P0741 on 5r55e after fluid filter change | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0741 on 5r55e after fluid filter change

O I'm sure they will and that's the best option for you really for hassle free repair I'm forced to learn and do everything myself because money is tight but I'd still download the manual and read through it it's nice to know a lot about your ride for future problems, peace of mind, and also for the mechanics that might try to pull one over you because they think you don't know squat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great ! Hope everything works out

O I'm sure they will and that's the best option for you really for hassle free repair I'm forced to learn and do everything myself because money is tight but I'd still download the manual and read through it it's nice to know a lot about your ride for future problems, peace of mind, and also for the mechanics that might try to pull one over you because they think you don't know squat
Yea, a little info can keep a lot of wool out of your eyes. Money is tight here too, but this is a priority since I'm gonna have to drive this thing for a while. Like I said if I had someplace of my own to work it could make a huge difference. I really miss my 94 XLT. Lol

Yea the first gens were more simple a4ld only has two solenoid s and I like the ttb front axle and the 1354 t case, but that 5r55e though a little more complicated is a stronger transmission I think that's the biggest down fall of the first gens is the a4ld. Our Bronco ll goes through flex plates like oil changes.

Yea the first gens were more simple a4ld only has two solenoid s and I like the ttb front axle and the 1354 t case, but that 5r55e though a little more complicated is a stronger transmission I think that's the biggest down fall of the first gens is the a4ld. Our Bronco ll goes through flex plates like oil changes.
I Never had a moment of trouble with the transmission in the first Gen. It all ended when I couldn't get it to pass emissions. I actually shed a few tears when it drove away after being sold as I drove it for 20 years.

Well that's the beauty of less computer controlled crap lol I was just

Saying that the 5r55e mechanically is superior it sucks you have to pass emissions and thought my state inspection was stringent enough I couldn't imagine having to pass that too.I love my second gen but then again I'd probably rather have a first gen because you have a little more to work with for off-road I just like the interior and body style a little better on my second gen.sucks that all these car companies have to soccer mom everything and make everything ridiculous just for a fraction better ease of use and comfort given the complicated electrical network of computers and sensors are all working correctly I mean is it really that much harder to push a button or turn a knob than it is to pull a lever? Eventually all cars will drive them selves Lol that's enough for today.

Well that's the beauty of less computer controlled crap lol I was just
Do you know if the wiring harness for the solenoids can be replaced without dropping the vb? Or is that one that is a required drop?

WEll I did mine during the rebuild so I can't remember if it could be done without dropping the valve body but leaning towards the removal to access where the harnes comes out the side of the case but dropping the valve body really isn't all that bad just make sure to have new gaskets a torque wrench (inch lbs), and a manual and be as clean as you can be

Back