pimpedout97x's worklog. body work + bags | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pimpedout97x's worklog. body work + bags

i know the welds can be better, but they hold good as hell, they just arent pretty.

all will be painted flat black when finished.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:)

not really, but i may do 22s, ima test fit some.

front wont take long...we havent touched the front.

notch13.jpg

notch14.jpg

notch15.jpg

notch16.jpg

notch17.jpg

notch18.jpg

notch19.jpg

notch20.jpg

notch21.jpg

i know the welds look like ass, but they really do hold good...i trust his welds...he bagged an isuzu pickup a few yrs ago with a cheap ass welder from walmart, and they hopped it, and nothing broke except one little weld on the C notch, which only broke after really really hard hopping. which i wont be doing...so i dont think theyll break.

Nice!

Awesome work man! :thumbsup:

man I think I might add some bracing between those c notches before I cut the frame sections out. You would not want your frame getting twisted etc. Are you tig welding those? Careful with mig- it is not as strong as tig is. I am a welder and would be really thorough welding those chassis pieces.

the welds look cleaner in these pics?, Im sure the other ones will hold but might be slightly more porous, how did you cut the metal for the notch metal?

man I think I might add some bracing between those c notches before I cut the frame sections out. You would not want your frame getting twisted etc. Are you tig welding those? Careful with mig- it is not as strong as tig is. I am a welder and would be really thorough welding those chassis pieces.

the mounts for the top 4 link bars will be reinforced, as well as there will be a bar welded in in between the notches:thumbsup:

im glad you guys like it even though the welds are ugly, becuase everyone on rangerpowersports.com is just talkin ****.

i hope the welds hold up lol.

in person though, i mean theyre ugly, but they are pretty strong...hopefully i wont have any problems

hes bagged alot of other things before

cut out the wheel wells and finished the notches.

floor11.jpg

floor12.jpg

floor13.jpg

floor14.jpg

floor15.jpg

notch22.jpg

notch23.jpg

notch24.jpg

notch25.jpg

only thing i dont like is how the wheel comes in when its slammed, but its normal at normal height.

oh well.

side12.jpg

not me: lol

side13.jpg

back7.jpg

and anyone doubting the welds, look at this little **** weld, and we hit it with a sledge hammer HARD and a lot and the frame bent before the weld is even close to breaking..and thats just a tiny little weld.

weld2.jpg

weld1.jpg

That thing is going to be so awesome!

Yeah, the welds look fine. Not optimal, but they will still be very strong. Stronger than you will need them to be.

ya, ppl on RPS.com dont seem to think so though. lol.

wish i could do somethin about the tire....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The build is great but the only thing that somewhat worries me is ur link triangulation, it just looks like its not enough angle. Perhaps the upper links could be brought closer together towards the center on the axle end. But of course theres only one way of testing it :D. That and my point of view differs greatly from street machines.

notch24.jpg

Back