Possible Run in Hot Springs Arkansas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible Run in Hot Springs Arkansas

RangerG

Reaction score
City, State
Lincoln Nebraska
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
I am seeing if there is any intrest in having a run in Hot Springs Arkansas at the Superlift ORV Park.

Right now it looks like the 3rd week in March might be the best time. If anyone wants to go let me know.

I have been to the park a couple of years ago (before it was a park) and the park is not like most parks. It is very large and you get the feeling that you are out in the middle of nowhere. There are campgrounds near by but there are also lots of hotels there. It might also be a nice place to bring the famliy because there are lots of “other” things to do there (they have lots of shops, crafts and spas). Also for you gamblers there are horse races that are close by. Here is a link to the Hot Springs, this will give you info about the town and what there is to do.

Here is the homepage for the parkSuperlift Hot Springs and here is a link to the Dead Link Removed

Lots of trails!!
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That defintely looks like a lot of fun. I will be in AR somewhere around the 24th or so of March. I will have to look at some things to see if I will be able to. I'll get back to you.

I'm in... Keep me updated and I will defiantly go on that trail run..

-kendal

count me in, big time. im only about an hour away, and while all my wheelin' buddies have been there, i have yet to go. proly be my bronc and a friend with a built YJ.

Looks like we could have a decent crowd if everything works out right. I'll be in Star City, AR somewhere between the 22nd -25th. Just let me know something.

I have been waiting on this one, it is pretty close for me, I am in if I have my tires by then. There is also an amusement park, and water park there.

EXPLODER-1, were are you at? sounds fairly close to me...

Well actually not that close, I am an hour east of Memphis in Jackson Tn, about a 4+ hour drive, but have been wanting to go there, if not in march, then some time over summer, maybe you could make me a set of tires:D , just kidding, I am waiting on my tax return, should be here before then.

Good to see that there is some interest!! As I get more details set I will let you guys know. Keep checking this post from time to time.

I'll be in Star City for about 2 1/2 weeks. It's only 2 to 2.5 hour drive for me. I know I could get my best friend back home to drive up with me.

just thought i would post their trail rating system... which is basically like everywere else.

Trail Ratings
Level 1 - 4 wheel drive need at times
Level 2 - 4x4 need often - fun for stock vehicles
Level 3 - Rear locker recommended, aggressive 32" tires required, very challenging
Level 4 - Rear locker required, aggressive 33" tires, front locker recommended, very challenging
Level 5 - For the big dogs only
***Frame mounted tow hooks and spare tire are required***

from what my friends tell me, the trails are fairly "loose", as in there is plenty of room for fullsize rigs, even on the hardcore 4's and 5's.

oh, and i plan on breaking some stuff.:afro:

Dgibson,
I'll be in Star City, AR
is that near Rison, AR

Im origionally from Ft. Smith AR

Ryan

JamesT- I hope I don't break anything, spent too much this year already.
DGibson- any pics of your ex, I am installing same lift, and tire size.

Originally posted by Ryan1
Dgibson,

is that near Rison, AR

Im origionally from Ft. Smith AR

Ryan

Just 20 minutes out. I can make it in 15 or so, just not in the x.

Originally posted by EXPLODER-1
DGibson- any pics of your ex, I am installing same lift, and tire size.

I am going to try to post a couple on here this week. There are some right now on page 5 and 6 of the Elite Photos/Offroad trucks. I think they were posted by VBVASploder. Also, there is a thread called "any wheelin in Virginia", and there are several of mine there towards the end.

You guys in AR should check the threads about the SXC Southern Explorers Club. I am the only member that I know of from AR.

dgibson,
Thanks for the directions to pics, I saw the pics that Isles4ever posted, I am gonna have to get the nerf bars, my wife can't get in the ex now, and really won't be able when it is done,lol. Hope to see everyone in hotsprings.

Looks like the dates are set (March 21-23)!! :D I will be driving down on Thursday the 20th and wheeling the 21 and 22. If anyone needs anything like directions or contacts let me know, I have a few friends there that can help out with that type of stuff. Hope to see a lot of you there.

As for meeting times at the park I would assume we would want to be there as soon as it opens (9:00am) but if other need a later time let me know.

I won't be able to make it that weekend. I don't think I am even getting to AR until the 25th. Have fun guys. If it was the next weekend, I would have a better shot. Have fun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, its a no-go for me too. i work every other weekend, and thats a sceduled weekend. no matter, as im only a little over an hour away, and i will soon frequent the area alot when my rig is running.

BTW- if any of you are ever there, and you see this green early bronc there, it will be me. only difference is now i got the cage done, and there will be no top. feel free to flag me down even if its a "non-meet" weekend.:)

Back