• Register Today It's free!

Power window problems.

Ray Buchanan

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer
The power windows on my 2003 Ford Explorer have stopped working. Does anyone know if this may be a fuse problem? If so, where would I look for the fuses for the power windows? If it is a switch problem can I lift the master switch out of the door without removing the door panel to clean the switch with WD-40? Or finally, leave it alone and take it to be fixed??
Thanks.

Well, fix it if you can. If you are not comfortable tearing into your door panels then don't. If memory serves me right you can carefully snap off the switch bezel and housing without having to remove the door panel. It could be a fuse problem, I would look on your driver side cluster. It is on your side dash after you open the door. When my power windows stopped working it was the switch. I bought one off of E-Bay and swapped them. Now, let me let you know that I did this on a 02' sport not a four door. Like I mentioned before if you are not comfortable with any of this just bring it in to a stealership and they will take care of you.

Back