Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
My blower motor is running sloooow.... How hard is it to R&R the motor in the first gen Explorer? Does anyone remember a good thread describing the procedure? Yes I searched :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just did this about a month ago. Its pretty easy, disconnect the electrical connector, then the rubber hose that goes from the blower motor tothe box next to it. Remove the 3 hex head screws one is down on the right side(looking from the front) then one on the left about half way between top and bottom, and the other is on the right straight across, then you just pull it straight out. It make is easier if you remove the air filter (if you have a cone filter that goes back that far). Good luck, Jon

Really easy. Do the above. Takes only a few minutes. Just don't loose the screws. They are very small & you'll never find them again if droped.

He's right lol, I now have nice shiny new ones. (the bottom one is the most dropped, may want to use a magnitized tip screw driver)

mine died in the middle of winter a few years ago. the squirrel cage also broke. getting another blower motor was easy but the cage came from california and i am in chicago at the time. hour drive to work each way....ugg.

Back