Rolled the BroncoII | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rolled the BroncoII

Feb 16th 10:10pm saturday my brother rolled his bronco II six times at pismo down a bowl.

Him and his friends ended up pushing it back onto its wheels and then got a ride back to the entrance gate to meet me but when i got there, they wouldnt let me in because i didnt have a sold out camping pass so we were forced to leave the truck overnight.

when we arrived the next morning, the truck was stripped. some f**king idiots rolled it back over and took the wheels, cb radio and smashed the rest of the windows. fortunately my brother was smart enough to grab what he could, which was his sub and deck.

we ended up having to borrow some spare tires from a tow yard i work for and getting a truck with a car hauler to get it out of there.

the good news is everybody was okay. no injuries what so ever other then maybe sad feelings. :roll::roll::roll:

arneilside.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

O man, that really sucks, but it looks like the roof held up really well to rolling over, especially 6 times. :eek: Glad everyone's ok. Arneil at least doesn't look too depressed in the pictures.

ya.. that blows.. i didnt roll my truck but i got stuck pretty bad, and my bf wouldnt leave my truck alone overnight.. so he slept in the truck to prevent that from happening to mine.. he had it happen to his trooper on at least one occasion.. bad like that too...... but either way.. glad to hear everyone is ok... keep well u can replace the truck... u cant replace u

...just curious, instead of selling it cheap couldn't you fix it up just for a pismo rig???...:scratch:

...just curious, instead of selling it cheap couldn't you fix it up just for a pismo rig???...:scratch:

yeh we were just looking at it today and i have access to a frame and body straighting rack and might just cut the roof off. anybody wanna do a cage for me??

In glamis this past weekend i saw a pretty stock bronco 2 with the roof cut off, and rear fiberglass, and it looked pretty cool. I remember you said that you wanted this to be a jeep-eater rig, so maybe this is a good place to start with it.

..i was thinking just cut the roof between the a-b pillars, and a canvas top there, and remount the windshield area...;)

...someone had mentioned another cage building party at zukman's i think after we got back from the turkey day run and a jeep drove off a cliff...:eek:...would you be willing to bring the BII down if we got the party going???

I might be in for that too if the price is low enough. I think my parents would be ok with splurging a little for safety precautions :)

...this is a chop top and the guy is up at chico state...;)
smallchop6njnm9.jpg

smallback3ooqi9.jpg

Also, bambikiller had a sweet looking B2 at truckhaven. He removed all the windows and interior, and put a cage in coming through the roof.

...yea, these are old pics of his rig...last i heard his BII raced in the rock crawling races up there at the fair...:D

that sux bout ur bro bronco at least no one got hurt

..i was thinking just cut the roof between the a-b pillars, and a canvas top there, and remount the windshield area...;)

...someone had mentioned another cage building party at zukman's i think after we got back from the turkey day run and a jeep drove off a cliff...:eek:...would you be willing to bring the BII down if we got the party going???

i am definetly down for a cage party. let me know when, and where i can sleep and eat. :) as for cutting the roof... we were actually just thinking about cutting all the pillars off except for the a-pillar to hold the windshield :)

...i'll check into the cage building...that would be a good BII idea and i'm sure you could get a canvas top made up there...;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Indeed, it's still driveable, I'm sure. Doesn't even look like the frame got tweaked at all... The body's probably pretty thrashed, but the frame and running gear should still be OK, I would think.

Been to Pismo myself a few years ago...

1991342853_1ef188e749.jpg

Silver Lake in Michigan hasn't been the same since!!

Back