September 2013 TOTM - Nominiation Thread "The Most Home Made Mods" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

September 2013 TOTM - Nominiation Thread "The Most Home Made Mods"

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Hey Guys,

I have been curious about this and it seems others are as well:

I would like to see one with the most mods.particularly mods done by yourself, not a shop (From: jd4242)

What about the Mods that we make at home or create from other products (not using the normal function of that product)....who has the most of these? They could be the tools you carry in your explorer to the crate that you keep them in. Useful things that we can all benefit from.

You will have until the end of the month to post your own pictures or nominate someone else.

Don't Forget:

Announcement will be made describing the TOTM theme. Members will then have a 4 week period of time to post their submission. (For example: On 08/01 a thread will be started for the nominations. On 09/01 you will have 5 days to vote on the previous submissions (date will vary depending on when the 1st is). This way each winning member will receive a month to be the TOTM.)

One picture per member.

Anyone is welcome to submit a picture (Admins, Mods, & Members).

You may change your pictures if you like. Just do it before the time is up.

All entries must be of a Ford Explorer, Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Mazda Navajo, Ect. Go by the what the forum is for guys. Please don’t post pictures of your non-RBV's as your submission. There will be special times for you to do that.

You may submit any picture of anyones rig that is on this forum. (UPDATED 05/08/2012) Hope this helps you out.

Also do not Photoshop your rig to make it better but you can blank the license plate if you wish.

There will be a thread for submissions in which three pictures will be chosen at random. Then these three pictures will be put into a "Final Voting Thread" in which the entire forum will be able to choose this months winner. This random voting will be done by giving each picture a number that I will know only. Then I will "PM" a random member here and have them choose three numbers from the list that will be given to them. The numbers will not be linked to their post number.

Good luck guys and lets get creative,
Burns

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going to nominate Paul for the mods to his 1st gen Sport.

attachment.php

As for the most mods, it would be impossible to get a photo of his home built half doors with snap in canvas and vinyl windows in the same shot... He also has a custom "Frenched" license plate, strategically placed Herculiner, his trademark "Bronco 3" logo and much more.

..Setting the bar pretty high right off the get go huh?..:p:

..I nominate Brian1 and will update with many reasons later...:D

I would like to nominate Ivan (ford008) for building my mountaineer. Put a bronco TTB under a moutaineer, all parts are factory ford for replacement purposes execept shocks, springs and radius arms, which are the only three things he bought. (And modified the radius arms anyway)
merc15.jpg

merc11.jpg

mercjump-2.jpg

P.S. He isn't a shop, just my buddy of mine who is a chief in the navy by day and plays in the garage at night.

..Again Paul is a great choice and don't forget his recent trailer build he completed for Moab..:hammer:

..:scratch:...After I made my previous post I got to thinking that there are literally dozens of members who fit into this months category so it's going to be a tough one...:biggthump

Quote:
I would like to see one with the most mods.particularly mods done by yourself, not a shop (From: jd4242)

..But since I've already spoken I am stuck with nominating Brian1..:p:

His build thread..
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40952

m_Geminibridges1.jpg

..and here are some of the many items Brian has modded or fabricated himself by hand and on his various toys (machines)..Yes, he's gotten so into making his own stuff he recently had to buy machines..:D

I know I'm forgetting a few but these are the fabricated items:

front bumper
winch cradle
rear bumper w/ swingout tire carrier, fuel can basket and pull-pal mount
Rock sliders
Front swaybar end links w/ rod ends
Front diff guard
Bracket for Viair compressor under hood
Charcoal canister relocation bracket
Aluminum electrical junction box w/ bracket under hood
Long radius arms w/ new brackets
Transmission crossmember
Transmission mount using round bushing
Coil buckets modified w/ F250 shock towers
1" aluminum coil spacers
1" aluminum body lift
U-bolt and shock skid plates
Rear shock bar pin eliminators
Rear diff guard
Safari style roof rack
Auxiliary battery mount above rear axle
Bracket for 2.5 gallon air tank in rear
Lift shackles
PRP seat adapters to stock seat sliders

..and some of the (not so) common items he's done himself:

Front and rear wiring for winch hookup, auxillary power block, e-track in cargo area, extended breather hoses for diffs and t-case, on board air, 4.10 gears he setup himself, front and rear lockers, rear disc brake swap, and more.

..I learned along time ago trying to keep up with these above mentioned guys and other members here like Scott B., 90ranajo, sirhk100 and Jefe just ain't going to happen..All are worth looking at their build threads..:salute:

I have a few.. but I know there are others with with more.. and some really nice mods...

Mods I have at least installed myself and many that I built and installed (sometimes with help, of course)..

700r4 using AA adapter and trans from bowtie overdrives (Fun with electrical mods)
Mounts for 10" fan taken from a Geo Prism used on the 2nd aux trans cooler
Trans fan delay circuit (trans fan doesn't turn on until torque converter is unlocked for 5 seconds)
10" fluorescent tube lights as rock lights
Installed BTF cut/turned beams
Installed f-250 shock mounts (welded to coil bucket by 94crawler)
Extended RA with Ballistic joints & mounts (94crawler built the arms, I changed the joints and made the mounts)
Front Bumper with d-ring mounts & two 6" LED light bars
False floor in the rear for tool/parts storage
Rear Bumper with d-ring mounts
roof rack cross bars (no more plastic bars)

I'll come back and edit to add more and to put a few pics.

Edit: ok, here is one of my favorite pics of using the mods.. Things are coming together.
6843570929_f12cf9b067_z.jpg

waterfall-2-truckhaven-1-2012 - zoom by maniak_az, on Flickr

~Mark

..I know there are several other members yet to be nominated...

..It would be sad to see this contest not to have any Ranger owners involved..:scratch:..There's got to be a couple of them who could be nominated and even if they don't frequent the board as much..

Is it too late to add a nomination for this TOTM?

..Go for it..They can always say no later..:D

Nominated

Is it too late to add a nomination for this TOTM?

Geez, I' 'll nominate Scott B' s Ranger - - Holy Crap, have you read this guy' s build thread . . . ? ? ? Don' t know if it's too late to nominate his rig, but his wood working skills make me look like a wood butcher. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Back