Silver Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Silver Explorer

thanks guys...

To 4 wheelin...I think I bought that airdam thru supertrack automotive....I don't remember who made it..as soon as I got it..off came the decals and on went the paint!......

To chh777....yes...I did compete in IASCA with the truck during the 98-99 season...I made it to finals(in dallas) as a rookie!..woohoo!...she finished 17th out 34 in my class...(novice 301-600watts)...at finals she hit 139.6 db...the highest recorded at a show was 140.7db(insanely loud)..believe it or not...she was mainly set up as a sound quality vehicle....(imaging,staging.depth,tonal balance..etc)....
Sadly..once my daughter was born I decided not to compete any more...(I wanted to be around on weekends!)...so all of that "energy"manifested itself into home theater!!...(my new hobby!)......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's what I have planned for my explorer. Now that you guys are on the subject of painting. What i'm gonna do is Arma coat the whole explorer, I think it would look pretty mean.

And the cool thing about arma coat is that you can change the color whenever you feel like it.. the coloring comes in a bottle and only cost about 20 bucks, one day your green the next day your silver. Or maybe you got a rainbow across the side.

I went and talked to them yesterday and they said he priced a suburban, and the total cost was $3,500, so the explorer would actually be a little cheaper.

-Oknut

Oknut,

What kind of finish does that stuff have? SLick or course?

I would get the course finish.. The stuff is awsome, would never have to worry about bents

Here's a photo of the new 2002 Explorer in "Silver Frost Clearcoat metallic"...

Dead Link Removed

Nice color, wish it had been available on the earlier models.

Back