Sneak Peak: My Jurassic Park Explorer | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sneak Peak: My Jurassic Park Explorer

I used to look at "Pin-up's" now I'm looking at "Pin-Out's? what happened.. .... .. . .

LOL!

Thanks so much for your help btw, you're a life saver!

So my '93 has the little gear unit on the tranny for the speedo cable (I'm familiar with it since I had to replace the gear due to it being worn on one side):

jzNw774l.jpg

... does my '93 have an electronic VSS already installed as well? I can't see the need for an electronic VSS since the mechanical unit is providing speed/odo functionality. I'll get under there in the morning and look for it anyway.

The oil pressure thing doesn't surprise me since I've read that they're sort of a dummy gauge anyway so I don't care too much about that. Some of those descriptions are pretty vague... it would be good to have all the info so I don't fry the computer by accident.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The thing your holding in that picture is the VSS.

You can just pull the speedo cable out and leave the gear and VSS in the transfer case.

It's not going to leak, the VSS is sealed at the gear end.

:popcorn: :hammer: :shifty_ey

BUUUMPPPP!

lol Hey FR I'm still at it! Just received my '96 computer yesterday so I'll start playing around with it this week. The fam and I might be out of town the following week for spring break with the kiddos but I'll make sure to keep you guys posted in the meantime.

:popcorn:
wire1_zpsb0999f45.jpg

Yeah thanks. Basically this. Looks like I won't be updating for another week since we're headed out of town for spring break with the kids. Testing will commence (and the theory proven or otherwise) the week of the 24th.

In the meantime I finally got my splash screen drawn up from some various screengrabs. Looks really nice in person!

ZZFaN5xl.jpg

X6X29JXl.jpg

Still jacking around with the ODB brain but in the meantime I found something exceptional that I think you guys would appreciate!

h9g8urZl.jpg

The extremely rare screen accurate (well this one is chrome) brush guard!!

Is he willing to sell?

Is he willing to sell?

Oh dude I already made the 6 hour round trip and bought the thing! The dealer agreed to sell it to me (along with the running boards!) if I pulled them myself. Done and done!! It's patiently waiting to be installed onto my ride :)

Nice!

I'm redoing that tour program video to make it more "watchable" and realistic. first one was kinda boring , will let ya know when it's done

Way cool ! I like it.

Oh dude I already made the 6 hour round trip and bought the thing! The dealer agreed to sell it to me (along with the running boards!) if I pulled them myself. Done and done!! It's patiently waiting to be installed onto my ride :)

Awesome job, and you are in Houston too, maybe I'll get to see it in person one day.

I always wanted to make a screen accurate JP X, but I have A.D.D. and oh, something shiney!

I'm redoing that tour program video to make it more "watchable" and realistic. first one was kinda boring , will let ya know when it's done

I actually like your original just fine! If you want a screen-accurate splash screen/logo I posted one over at the JP Explorer forum.

Update:

10176003_10152040382292124_2314697406338283085_n.jpg

Faux wood finish on the console. Working on the OBD2 stuff this weekend! Finally!

I actually like your original just fine! If you want a screen-accurate splash screen/logo I posted one over at the JP Explorer forum.

Where is that forum? Also , if you liked the first one , you're really going to like the second one , everything looks sooo much better.

Where is that forum? Also , if you liked the first one , you're really going to like the second one , everything looks sooo much better.

I thought you were on there already for some reason! I need to tweak the splash screen once more but in the meantime here's a MUCH higher res pic of the island that I created recently.

CcwacYq.jpg

Maybe you can use that in your vid!

:popcorn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://forum.jurassicparkexplorer.net/

Weren't you "emosun" on the old server of this forum or something like that? CK moved everything to different server and there's less than a dozen members now. They're super picky about who gets access but you're a founding member! Head there and get back in the discussion bro!! As far as I'm concerned you inspired my JP Explorer build and are one of the first people that ever did one.

Are you able to use that island pic? It's less washed out than the old one. If it's skewed too far on any dimension that's an easy fix in photoshop - I had to play with the perspective since the monitor has a slight bubble and is on an angle in the screenshot. FFDshow sharpening tool got me a lot more detail in certain aspects which helped me grab that higher res pic. I'll get that splash screen over to you in just a bit, that way everything can be screen accurate! Here's the last one I did but the new one is even better:

VAuScpQl.jpg

3n4bhPPl.jpg

Back