Snowball 94 Limited | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Snowball 94 Limited

Hey I'm a long time reader and Just bought my first X Wednesday I love it.
SnowballJune3103.jpg

She's a 1994 Limited.Named her Snowball (Sry If someone already had this name) I paid $1500 for her. She got a new Thermostat 2hrs after I bought her cause it locked up on me and over heated in the middle of the road. Her primary duty is going to be as a daily driver/Photography vehicle. I am an avid amateur photographer.

The day after I got her I took her out on her first photo Journey.
Here's some pics.

SnowballJune31018.jpg

She is replacing the 1989 Ranger my parents let me drive till I found my own and just like the Ranger I couldn't keep her on the pavement for long.

SnowballJune31015.jpg

I also found a mound of gravel and flexed the suspension a bit.
SnowballJune3107.jpg

SnowballJune3109.jpg

Her primary purpose will be to get me to college and back and do a little off-roading. She does have some problem but what 16yr old vehicle doesn't. I will eventually get some kind of lift but first is New/Used tires and a MAF.

Leave your opinions did I make a good purchase? What Kind of lift should I get it need to be cheap cause most of my money will be going to School.​

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I finally had enough of not having any pull handles on the front doors so for the time being I made some makeshift ones that'll work till I find some stock one. (Actually just a drivers side already have a passenger side just gotta put it on)

So here's what I did.
-1373-4FDA-8BD3-4907FCE23168-5180-000005A1F6B03254.jpg

I just used some rope and took a lighter to the ends to keep it from unraveling then used a couple wood screws about the same diameter of the originals just a bit longer and couple washers. I found that heating the screws made them go through the rope easier and didn't make it fray as much. They work perfect and didn't cost me a dime. I am very happy with them although I made the driver side just a bit longer than I would have liked.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

You definitely have some creative blood in you.

How much longer until you hit the big 21?

I can't take all the credit for that idea I saw someone use rope for a pull handle on here long ago but if I remember right they didn't have any door panels so they just screwed it to the door.

I just remembered I still have some material left that I used to cover my storage box. Might see if my mother can sew some scraps up so they kinda match the interior.

16 more days till the Big 21. And if taxes come in in time I'll be heading straight to the gun store to pick up a CCW handgun.

I can't take all the credit for that idea I saw someone use rope for a pull handle on here long ago but if I remember right they didn't have any door panels so they just screwed it to the door.

I just remembered I still have some material left that I used to cover my storage box. Might see if my mother can sew some scraps up so they kinda match the interior.

16 more days till the Big 21. And if taxes come in in time I'll be heading straight to the gun store to pick up a CCW handgun.

Either way it is a good quick remedy for a busted door pull.

I remeber when I turned 21 (forever ago, back in 2001) anyways I myself will be aging another year on friday... 33, yay.... hahaha enjoy your youth while you still can... the years fly by once you get past 25.... that is the next best age, because auto insurance rates for males drop drastically.

nice plan on the ccw i plan on getting one as well but i got to wait till November :|. random question how is that cb antenna mount you made holdong up with the whip and is that the 102" and how is the range with it?

nice plan on the ccw i plan on getting one as well but i got to wait till November :|. random question how is that cb antenna mount you made holdong up with the whip and is that the 102" and how is the range with it?

CB bracket works great. I don't have the 102" whip on anymore as I got tired of smacking it on over head objects. The range was great though. I'm running a 3ft fiberglass whip now.

CB bracket works great. I don't have the 102" whip on anymore as I got tired of smacking it on over head objects. The range was great though. I'm running a 3ft fiberglass whip now.

Ok nice thanks I liked where you put your antenna so i was thinking of putting it there to. What all would you hit with it?

Ok nice thanks I liked where you put your antenna so i was thinking of putting it there to. What all would you hit with it?

It'd be simpler to tell you what I didn't hit. I hit everything. In my area most of the roads have trees over head so I was constantly hitting branches and I was very close to the stop lights and several power lines.

If you're gonna do a 102" and don't want to be putting it up and down again(this is what I did) I'd make a bracket off the bumper so it's not 11ft in the air.

i had 2 other options one option i was thinking about was where the trailer hitch ball goes on the bumper it would be center of the truck but they say the optimal spot is center of the roof lol. I aint putting a 102" of whipping antenna on my roof though the other was to put a 4 or 6 foot fiberglass where the raido antenna goes since my raido don't work anyway.

i had 2 other options one option i was thinking about was where the trailer hitch ball goes on the bumper it would be center of the truck but they say the optimal spot is center of the roof lol. I aint putting a 102" of whipping antenna on my roof though the other was to put a 4 or 6 foot fiberglass where the raido antenna goes since my raido don't work anyway.

Out of those 2 I'd put it where the radio antenna is since you can also use an adapter to make it a regular radio antenna if you decide to fix the radio.

The trailer hitch Idea would work but it would be in the way every time you tried to get in the hatch.

Sad Day for Snowball.

Seems car troubles are going around my Family and friends and up till Sat it avoided me. Saturday it hit me hard and fast.

I was leaving Walmart and had to cross 3 lanes then the median to get to the other side. As I always do I checked both ways twice and saw no headlights so I went straight across without stopping. Next thing I know I get smacked hard and do a complete 180 bounce across the median and finally come to stop in the turn lane on the other side.

Me and an older lady collided her driver fender and my passenger fender. At first I had know idea what had happened and thought I got smacked in the rear. I walked all the way around the car to figure out where I got hit.
I've played the accident out in my head a million times and the only way I can figure out that I didn't see her was that she didn't have her lights on and her car is a charcoal gray.

No one was hurt thankfully and damage to mine is minimal(pics below) but it ripped the whole front fender off her car.
Filled out a police report on the scene and now I've handed it off to the insurance company waiting to see who they rule at fault now.

Here's the pics.
-4BE5-420D-9714-43313556BBC0-4255-000003A6ED7E52EB.jpg

-0A53-4B18-977B-3452DEDC90FF-4255-000003A6E7C5AA59.jpg

-9565-4AA7-B400-A26AC2FFA5AD-4255-000003A6E220F2C2.jpg

-1CC3-49FC-9F93-4A3DE40B75C2-4255-000003A6DD2F6C93.jpg

Here's how she sits now. Drives just fine just has some cosmetic problems.
-28B1-47A5-8E12-F744DA8DB453-4255-000003A6D54677B9.jpg

So I've made a parts list and plan to upgrade a few things too.
-Headlight- Gonna replace with new (Both sides) Possibly the Ebay one piece units.
-Bumper- Gonna run it like it is till I find another Limited one or I can afford a RLC off road bumper
-Filler panel-junkyard
-Fender-gonna run it as is till I find a white one.

On a good note Girlfriend got a new car so I took the radio out of her old one and put it in mine. But as luck would have it it's got some issues to work out. When I key the CB it screeches through the speaker and it also doesn't turn off completely with the car.

Her's a pic
-828C-417A-8500-BEE1FDA94750-4255-000003A6F6B49B7C.jpg

It's Ipod ready, aux in, USB, and HD radio, also shows song titles. And my favorite thing it has a remote so no need lean forward to adjust it.

Start e-mailing german salvage yards and look on e-bay germany for headlight assemblies that use the rectangular sealed beam headlights. I was going to get a set for around a hundred bucks without the leveling motor, sensor or any of that stuff, since you really don't need it here, and you can mount them without it.

If you REALLY want a unique looking first gen, that's the way to go. Bonus, better lighting.

Sorry to see you having trouble though.

Start e-mailing german salvage yards and look on e-bay germany for headlight assemblies that use the rectangular sealed beam headlights. I was going to get a set for around a hundred bucks without the leveling motor, sensor or any of that stuff, since you really don't need it here, and you can mount them without it.

If you REALLY want a unique looking first gen, that's the way to go. Bonus, better lighting.

Sorry to see you having trouble though.

I've seen the Greman ones and they do look good but I wouldn't even know where to start on that conversion.

Looks like I'm gonna end up with stock one just searched Ebay and thats the only kind on there. I even looker for the Ranger and Bronco 2.

They bolt up to the stock location as far as I am aware. You need the buckets, bezel and reflector. I'm not sure if the turn signal assembly is different between the euro and US versions. After that, a quality set of lights. I like autopals. They give almost as pleasing a beam pattern as a cibie and use easy to find H4s.

Back