RCD lift kit PURCHASED!!!!! no more tortion bars 4 me! | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD lift kit PURCHASED!!!!! no more tortion bars 4 me!

I just sold the X in my sig for $3,500 so I should be able to consolidate my 2 loans and get rid of the lean on the other X in my sig that is also for sale. This way I can take the insurance off it, put it on this X and make it my DD...

Can't wait!

Donlop 35s and 17" wheels ordered today

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dunlop??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a really really really bad encounter with some Dunlop Mud Rovers and with Dunlop the company (owned by goodyear) I will NEVER consider their tires again.
They SUCK BALLS off road IMO too, especially for the money.
But as I said I am biast. [/Rant]
Hopefully they work out well for you.....

I sure wish I could find a used lift like a few of you guys did.......
I simply can't afford to do it,2'300. for the lift {front only},then rear springs and shocks $650. , a grand to have it done,
I just don't have it....

410Fortune said:
Dunlop??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That doesn't sound good...The dude at discount tire has them on his Ranger and loves them, hes got 33s.

I will have a warranty thru Discount Tire so I won't have to go thru Good year. I was going to get the nitto mud grapplers but these dumblops are like $90 cheaper per tire! Also this will be my DD and I don't think a tire as aggressive as the mud grapplers is a good idea.

What happened to you?

Well Dunlop had the new Mud Rovers coming out a few years back, looked perfect for me kinda in between a AT and a MT. I think they are called Dunlop Radial Rover RT or something like that. My friend at a tire shop ordered me 4 of them for about $145 a tire, 33x12.50

I waited 3 weeks for them to come in.
We mounted them.
I drove for 2 days on the highway, I drove 50 mile round trip to go to 4wheelparts and pick up my Skyjacker leaf springs. I got home and saw one of my new tries had a balloon looking bubble on the sidewall.
I drove over to my friends tire shop, carefully.
He was like WTF? I'll get you a new tire right now.
Dunloop said no, they said this was an obvious impact fracture to cause the sidewall to bubble like that. they will not pay for my tire/warranty.
I was fuming, these are OFF ROAD tires, made to be aired down to 10 psi and driven over rocks. how could I get an impact fracture in 2 days worth of driving on the street? I said fine screw it I will but another tire, since I at this point HAD NO CHOICE, 3 brand new tires, one bad one.
Well they didnt have any more, I was looking at 8 weeks before I could even get a new replacement.

My buddy at the tire shop was also furious with Dunlop (goodyear) for treating him/me this way. He actually ended up buying back the tires from me and I got some some far cheaper MT's from him, Remington Mud Brute, 33x12.50

Dunlop refused to replace the bad tire, I called all the people at Dunlop/goodyear I could. I wrote letters, etc....they were abolustley no help at all.

My friends tire shop no longer sells Dunlops

No more Dunlops for me EVER.
Those Remingons were $100 a tire and lasted me 3 years, I still have them and they have 1/4 tread left

Later I would learn ALOT more about off road tires, so before yuo go ordering those Dunlops you might check to see what materials and how many plies the sidewalls are, then compare them to other similar AT's and MT's in the price range, then you will see what I am talking about.........

****...i forgot to ask about the ply thing before I ordered them.

I ordered them earlier today, they weren't suppose to get them until Saturday. They found a warehouse with them in Michigan and well they are already there in stock, i feel retarded and very worried.

This is the only thing I have ever ordered for my *truck* without reading up much about it and I'm really regreting it.

Arron did you get my pm?

If so please reply. It reguards this weekend.

Eric

you got a pm

Can we see what it looks like with the new tires and rims, looking forward to the right up and pics

Who did you go through for your fiberglass? ....... remember how terrible mine are?

pretty much most 4 wheel shops online sites carry em. I was quated 2500 doallars for one. I sent them an email asking if it will fit on the X awhile ago. THey said we dont recommend it on your X. I said but it fits. He then said, yes we are aware that the suspesnion geomatry is the same and you wouldnt have a problem installing it etc etc. pretty much he was indirectly sying it fits. And yes its for the ranger.

TheRookie said:
Who did you go through for your fiberglass? ....... remember how terrible mine are?
Hopefully you didn't go with Hannemann. I have read good results on here with their fiberglass.

No, I made the horrible mistake of using perrys. They were great to deal with untill I had a problem.

They fit HORRIBLY and actualy had a decent sized spot that was molded wrong.

I regret ever doing buiseness with Perrys fab n fiber.

Its a shame to cause I was thinking about their sport trac conversion

That makes me feel better, at least I didn't FUBAR on both the tires and the fiberglass.

Hopefully Dumblop has release a newer version of their tires from the one 410Fortune had. Discount tire has 5 tires and 4 rims in stock waiting for me right now, but I don't get off work until 7 all week.

My fiberglass won't come in until Friday at the earliest anyways. Unfortunately, it was raining in Cali all day yesterday according to Hannemann. I guess he works outside and couldn't get them shipped yesterday as he promised. I got a feeling I won't have them this weekend :rolleyes:

watch parking lots. someone today decided to put a notch in my passenger side front glass. i now have blue paint and a crack in the glass there. I also had fitting issue witht the glass. seems like they sent 1st gen glass out for my second gen. nothing a dremel didn't solve.

zhanx, long time no see...hows the SAS comin along? I still want 1st dibs on that diff! :D

I told him it was the 2nd gen hopefully he got it right. Were yours from Hannemann?

BTW sucks about that scratch...Look like it was on purpose or a careless person swinging the door out too hard?

perry's glass fit find other then by the wind sheild.

my sas is going at a snails pace. i am protypeing a new vehicle for the army. and getting ready for my next phase of sf stuff (including airbirne school). not time really. and i am trying to finish my supercharger off so i can roll 37's with less problems

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My story with perrys is verry different than yours.

They fit badly everywhere. I mean BAD. Many people on this forum have seen mine and all agree. At the corner by the windshield there was a big flaw that is obvious. Not a fitment flaw (well that too) but the glass isnt laid anywhere close to correctly. When I first ordered my fenders perrys was super fast to call me back and verry good at handling things. Then I called with a problem. To my suprise the company that was so good to deal with suddenly wouldnt return phone calls, wouldnt answer the phone (they dont always anyway but always called back before then) Basicaly as soon as I had a problem they avoided me. It kinda sucks cause liek I was saying, I was verry intrested in the sport trac conversion but I dont like doing buiseness with people that blow me off when there is a problem with their product.

Back