" Stage 2 " Intake 04-05 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

" Stage 2 " Intake 04-05

sweet man thanks! you have that on your ex dont you? im guessing it was fairly simple to install?

Yeah and its easy to install.
This is my intake:
newestintake.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats exactly what i want mine to look like soon! it looks good!

I had a stage two set up didn't keep that too long. This set-up definately has a loud whistle to it, especially after I cleaned my throttle body. When you do your intake clean the TB and MAF sensor and your ex will run a lot better and I notice it pulls a lot better with a clean TB and MAF sensor.

okay cool, and i saw the thread where you said you used the stuff that joe dirt uses, the lectric clean or whatever, and just spray it on there and clean it off? sorry for all the questions

okay cool, and i saw the thread where you said you used the stuff that joe dirt uses, the lectric clean or whatever, and just spray it on there and clean it off? sorry for all the questions

The electric cleaner works well. Don't blast the MAF sensor, just lightly spray it. Then let it dry as it is a non residue cleaner and its a fairly quick drying formula. Don't wipe anything off as you may damage it.
The electric cleaner works decent for cleaning the TB. You'll want to take off the TB to clean the back of it.
No need to apologize about all the questions. This is the place to ask questions and get answers.

okay thanks man! is that the cleaner you used? where did you get it? im looking into getting the 11226 muffler as well sometime in the near future

I just used an electrical cleaner from walmart. You can go to autozone, or any auto parts store and get it there.
The 11226 muffler is good, but it is loud and will quiet out over a long period of time. I have had mine for 4 months and its gotten quieter and deeper.

thanks man, is that what they are suppose to do? quiet out over time?

thanks man, is that what they are suppose to do? quiet out over time?

Not sure. I think so, after whatever they put in there burns out. All the people on the FJ Cruiser forum says that about a year later the muffler get much quieter. I'm no muffler expert so I'm not too sure.

ah okay, im not looking for anything too terribly loud as its a v6, now if it was a v8 thats another story haha

Talk to caldwell about his magnaflow muffler. He says his is quieter and loud at WOT which is probably what you want.

yeah, i will do that, thanks for all your help man, im slowly learnin about these trucks

$40 intake

I'm still a newb with this modification stuff, but I found this Steeda intake on craigslist for $40 so I decided to jump on it. It also came with the MAF sensor and housing and a housing for a cone filter (which aren't in the pictures cause I don't have a cone filter yet). I do notice some strange air intake noises, but I assume that is because the two black boxes (silencers?) aren't on this intake?

One thing I did have to do was modify the airbox. I had to remove all 4 mounting posts in order to fit the new intake. Not a big deal, but oh well.

Anyway, I really like the look and will probably add a cone filter this summer.

explorer%20intake%202.png

explorer%20intake%201.png

that looks really good, like it was designed purposely

are you hearing a " whistling noise or inhaling noise " ?... if so than thats what you wanna hear !!!!!!!

I'm still a newb with this modification stuff, but I found this Steeda intake on craigslist for $40 so I decided to jump on it. It also came with the MAF sensor and housing and a housing for a cone filter (which aren't in the pictures cause I don't have a cone filter yet). I do notice some strange air intake noises, but I assume that is because the two black boxes (silencers?) aren't on this intake?

One thing I did have to do was modify the airbox. I had to remove all 4 mounting posts in order to fit the new intake. Not a big deal, but oh well.

Anyway, I really like the look and will probably add a cone filter this summer.

Very nice set-up! :thumbsup: The strange intake noises are probably just because of no resonators being on there (like you said).

Added the K&N

I added the K&N. What a difference in sound (and butt performance).

I thought the truck was loud with the thrush welded exhaust, then I finally found some open road this morning to put the throttle down and I heard more of the intake than the exhaust. I must say I'm impressed.

Now to find more money and get a tune, and underdrive pulley, and electric fan, and... ;)

IMAG0118.png

just finished both stage 1 and 2 of the airbox mod everyone! will let you all know what it sounds like in a little bit, first, a test drive! :D

Wicked, I think you'll dig it!

i love it! :D it sounds so much more deep and mean than before. i am going to have to pace myself and not stomp the throttle so much

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go on mate! Have some fun for a few week's!

Back