Stic-o's F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4WD | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4WD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Upgrades:D

Attachments

• 20160216_205244.jpg
    20160216_205244.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 339

Installed my upgrades this weekend.

Lance Camper harness
Airlift Air Bags
Dose of street cred:D

Attachments

• 20160221_124053.jpg
    20160221_124053.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 344
  • 20160221_121108.jpg
    20160221_121108.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 20160221_122439.jpg
    20160221_122439.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 349

The sticker adds 10hp :D :burnout:

:D added some cargo

Attachments

• 20160227_163830.jpg
    20160227_163830.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 312
  • 20160227_163822.jpg
    20160227_163822.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 325

So, no more e-brake slide, 180* parking maneuvers??

It's already difficult with a floor mounted ebrake, so yeah, I leave that to the ST.:D

Nice camper:chug:

So without making a new thread, here are the highlights of the camper.
1999 Lance 820

• A/C / Cold weather package
    Oven/ 3 burner Stove / Micro
    5 cu. Ft fridge/freezer
    Dual propane tanks
    3400 watt Generator :thumbsup:
    Outside shower (inside of course too...duh)

Got it from a 1 owner retired firefighter. Which is getting weird, because the truck was originally owned by a CHP officer.

You might want to stick something under it, like a rubber mat to keep it from sliding around.

It also appears too close to the roof, lances in that era was not designed for a superduty bed, and needed a space (mine was 2x4's) to keep it from hitting the cab roof.

Otherwise, good find!

Time to add another battery in the truck bed for it.

You might want to stick something under it, like a rubber mat to keep it from sliding around.

It also appears too close to the roof, lances in that era was not designed for a superduty bed, and needed a space (mine was 2x4's) to keep it from hitting the cab roof.

Otherwise, good find!

Time to add another battery in the truck bed for it.

I actually have a 4'x6'- 3/4" stall mat in the bed under it. I just ordered new torklift tie downs as the happy jacks that came with I had to modify with extentions to get it home. There is probably a good 2" of space over the cab (I think lance made the change for SD in '99), and with camper not fully secured in the bed it bounced pretty good on the way home in spots. However, never made contact with the roof of the truck.

Picked up a factory rear sway bar, I'll be adding and I'm ordering Rancho 9000XL tomorrow for the truck.

Only other concern is tire capacity. I'm running D's with a max load of 3195lbs. This is a heavy camper, so may have to think about a tire change soon. Thought about swapping with JP, as those a rated at over 4k lbs each. But a bigger tire I don't need, and the thought of putting a abused 12-15 year old tire on the truck with a camper, scares the hell out of me.:(

Go weigh the whole kit at a Cat scale, make sure you get weights for both front and rear.

A factory rear sway is ok, you really want something like a Hellwig BigWig sway bar.

Check your rims also, most rims are not rated for heavy loads. That is one of the reasons I switched to the Vision Heavyhaulers & 19.5's.

Go weigh the whole kit at a Cat scale, make sure you get weights for both front and rear.

A factory rear sway is ok, you really want something like a Hellwig BigWig sway bar.

Check your rims also, most rims are not rated for heavy loads. That is one of the reasons I switched to the Vision Heavyhaulers & 19.5's.

My current wheels max out at 3420lbs.

I actually found a set of visions on CL, but I'm just going run what I got for a little while.

I know I'm going to regret not jumping on these later:(
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/wto/5416186896.html

My current wheels max out at 3420lbs.

I actually found a set of visions on CL, but I'm just going run what I got for a little while.

I know I'm going to regret not jumping on these later:(
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/wto/5416186896.html

That's a very very good price for something that costs close $3k..

Also lookup 'stable loads'. They help contact the helper leaf springs sooner.

Camper Mods:

Installed new tie downs today, as the original ones I got with the camper we're to short and not set up for my frame mounts.

Also switched all the interior lights over to LED:D

I did the LED switch before the last Truck Haven run. Definitely helps keep the batteries from going down. Are there any solar panels on your camper?

I did the LED switch before the last Truck Haven run. Definitely helps keep the batteries from going down. Are there any solar panels on your camper?

Yes sir :thumbsup: not sure of the size though.

Still looking into getting the propane tanks filled. I think they need to be recertified as they are the original ones.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Inaugural trip:D

Already do have carnage though. Lost the front driverside sway bar bushing. Tried doing zipties, but after a good bump that blew apart :(

So tomorrow will be a fun day going home...in the wind:thumbdwn:

Attachments

• 20160305_094428.jpg
    20160305_094428.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 668

Back