Stic-o's F-150 Supercrew | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's F-150 Supercrew

The whole truck is dirty:rolleyes:

Here's the 3rd Brake light.. The biggest reason why I changed it, was I started noticing all the 04+ 150's had the 3rd brake light burn't out. So I desided to go to LED, and never worry about it again. Sure enough when I switched them, my 3rd brake light bulb was already burn't out.:rolleyes:

3light.jpg

Here's a closer view of the wheels.. Still trying to figure out what to do about the centers

Wheel11.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks amazing, nice work.

Where did you get the third brake light from and how is the programmer working for you?

3rd brake light I got off ebay for like $20 bucks;)

Edge? I can't see living with out it:D better mileage, more power, info galore, and great shifting.:thumbsup:

I have not taken on a long trip, but on the way to work I can get milage to go from about 15mpg on the street to 18mpg and climbing. I figure on a long road trip I could 20mpg out of it. Not bad for a 5.4lt full size truck:eek:

Picked up a new edition;)

0101040102040116052008091248931eb7c3c9e15e74009fda.jpg

These are '07 F-150 4x4 Fx4 coilovers and shocks. They should bolt right in and level out the truck. Only have 20 miles on them, guy drove the truck straight to 4wp from the dealer for a lift:thumbsup: and i got then for $50 bucks

When are they going in? Now you're going to have to get new tires!! :p:

but then you are going to be bulldogging it when you tow. thats the reason i haven't gotten leveling blocks. my truck sits perfectly even when the trailer is attached with the weight distributing hitch.

but you live in Cali, and thats the cool thing to do there i suppose.

p.s. i'm not hating. it will look good when you aren't towing, i just wanted to make sure you thought about the towing performance before you did it. not that it should really affect it except aesthetically.

it's the normal everyday driving I have a problem with. The rear is so light that it is all over the place in some places. Turn while going over a bump is the worst:rolleyes: I figure this will help that. If it's to bad towing, I'll get air bags for the rear;)

Not sure when they'll go in, I have to figure out what's going on for slotted rotors, so I can do it all at once

it's the normal everyday driving I have a problem with. The rear is so light that it is all over the place in some places. Turn while going over a bump is the worst:rolleyes: I figure this will help that. If it's to bad towing, I'll get air bags for the rear;)

Not sure when they'll go in, I have to figure out what's going on for slotted rotors, so I can do it all at once

Do you feel your brakes leave alot to be desired? I am on my second F150 and both of them didn't seem to stop all that well.

Brakes are ok, I'm only thinking of going to slotted rotors, because I have a busted stud on each front wheel. :( I fear that there are more that got stressed, so I want to replace them all on the front. The problem is the studs are $22 bucks each:eek: It's almost cheaper to replace the rotors with studs already in them;)

Here's a closer view of the wheels.. Still trying to figure out what to do about the centers

Wheel11.jpg

Little update here;)

I finally found and ordered the factory caps. They we're chrome, and we don't want that:D So I painted them to match.

F-Wheel.jpg

F-Wheel2.jpg

Looks tons better! :cool:

How do you resolve this?

My back end is heavy and I still get thrown around... Have you been able to resolve the above issue? (I posted this elsewhere, but I hit a section of freeway that blew out my rear struts... it took time for this to happen, but have you been able to address it with your vehicle?)

So have you got the Coilovers and shocks installed yet?

So have you got the Coilovers and shocks installed yet?

Going to pick up the new rotors this week, so I can do everything at once. No sence in taking it apart twice:confused:

looks good so far

Another:

Before

Before150.jpg

After

After150.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ran the F-150's Edge Programer on level 3 for towing this weekend and she performed great. Towing about 7000lbs she averaged 14 mpg to and from:thumbsup: Very happy with this set up right now. After leveling the nose though, I'm going to look into airbags for the rear. 7000lbs on the back and a bed full of fire wood really sank the rear. Power was fine though.;)

Back