Street Style Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Street Style Explorer

I need better pics but heres mine.

At the dragway:
DSC00518.jpg

Rims I refinished(centercaps not shown), got them for free, going on in spring with 255/60/17 Toyo:
DSC00278.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

white.....i like your ex! i think you should just do the torsion bolts up front and drop the front 2".even it up with the rear.

White,
I guess I am in the third group, not into off-road lifted or street scene dropped but more into go and handling.
While your ride looks sharp I myself would not go with 20s,
thats pure bling with no performance gain, in fact the extra weight from the wheels will actually hurt performance and the short sidewalls will kill your ride quality.
For your ride I would prefer some sharp 17 or 18s with some nice wide but not too short tires.
attachment.php

White,
I guess I am in the third group, not into off-road lifted or street scene dropped but more into go and handling.
While your ride looks sharp I myself would not go with 20s,
thats pure bling with no performance gain, in fact the extra weight from the wheels will actually hurt performance and the short sidewalls will kill your ride quality.
For your ride I would prefer some sharp 17 or 18s with some nice wide but not too short tires.

Ha, well if you want to get technical the wheels are one inch smaller then Limited wheels but I know where your coming. I have enough done along the performance end of things that I'm happy with it, all I'm missing is a tune :) But I know what your saying :)

PS rims I bought:

heres what mine used to look like before paint and sold the wheels but that is lowered 2" all around on 23's without any rub so with 20's no worries

photo shop

WOW, nice photoshop job. (no lug nuts and snow on tires) Will look sweet when they're actually on the X though....
So I decided I really loved the street look. And I just bought 20" rims for my truck! So I can not wait for the summer to ride on them! Now I can not decide if I'm going to lower it like most street truck...Think I should?:salute:Cheers

PhotoShop:

PS:[/B] With adding the rims, Willam I will be taking the bar off to make you happy! Make a hand full of people happy!

WOW, nice photoshop job. (no lug nuts and snow on tires) Will look sweet when they're actually on the X though....

Why would there be snow? There no snow on the high way...Who needs lug nuts there over rated...

UpDate...The flames are coming off tomorrow.

Heres my street Limited, the mouldings and pin stripes are off now:
DSC01487.jpg

My little guy. Don't have any recent pictures, spot lights are long gone!

IMG_1485_Small_.jpg

Sweet

So, a little hi-jack here!!! Yours is lowered about 2 inches? How is the ride quallity? I've read mixed reviews, some hate it and some love it. Is it much different than stock feel? I'm going with 1988 LSC 23 spoke 16's and would like to lower it 2" So....?waddaya think?
Heres my street Limited, the mouldings and pin stripes are off now:

:wtf: Only kidding.

That will look much better with your new wheels.

I agree! I miss them already :( now it will be harder to spot in any case. I need to get some body work down now, what the flames were hiding...Here in the next week or three, I have 3,000$ to get it all done :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2000

TheAngelEyes-Endofsummer08009.jpg

And The Blackout look (i'm really indecisive, change it all the time):
TheAngelEyes-Endofsummer08003-1.jpg

Wish i had some better pix for ya!

I go for the street look......this summer includes adding my FMS headers, roof rack delete, a custom grille, and a slight drop. Keep up the good work, your rims will def look hot, and even better IMO w/o the flames. And yea, i agree with techie ---> love my speed lol :D

(If you ever need help or ideas let me know, this is what I do, I consult for people and often set rides up)

Back