• Register Today It's free!

Tonneau cover leaking

miatrouble

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
07' Sport Trac
My factory tonneau cover is leaking water inside the bed from the hinge. The hinge is cracked and split in the middle exposing the hinge.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find a replacement rubber piece? The dealer does not carry this nor can they order it because it is not on their parts list.

Thanks for any ideas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a label on the tonneau that states they are not to be trusted to keep contents dry. You would probably have to find your own rubber or vinyl to replace it.

I am selling my tonneau if you want one that still keeps the interior dry.

That is what I'm looking for. A piece of rubber to replace it. Not to buy another Tonneau cover that will eventually leak again. But thanks for your offer.

This inquiry is for anyone that has replaced the rubber piece on their own Tonneau cover and may provide information on obtaining a fix.

Thanks

Find another dealer that has a competent Parts Dept. It CAN be ordered, they DO have a parts listing.

Gen2Tonneau.jpg

Actually since you're in Florida an excellent Ford parts supplier is Torrie @ http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/ He'll fix you right up!

Fast Parts Network, LLC
652 Nautical Way
St. Augustine, FL 32080

sales@fastpartsnetwork.com

The parts list shown is the same parts list from the dealer. The part number you have highlighted is not the rubber seal. It is a different seal. I already went over this with the dealer. He said they cannot order the rubber seal that goes over the top of the hinge.

I will check with fastparts just incase. I'm willing to try so thanks for the advise.

The highlighted item was already highlighted when I was sent the photo. I haven't involved myself with the Gen 2 covers since I have a Gen 1, just trying to help. The seals for a Gen 1 are now only available in a "tonneau cover service kit" and only until current stock runs out. Contact Torrie at the link I sent and explain exactly what you need. He's very helpful to us Sport Trac people. Let us know what he says so we can answer correctly the owner that has this problem.

Any seal you find will only last a year or two. They are too exposed to weather. If you find any to buy, get more than one.

You might be able to add something different between the hinges that might last, but will still not make the top more attractive. I doubt anyone could find a material that will last very long with today's products. A one piece tonneau is likely the best for appearance and durability. I like my two piece, but I could see how it was wearing out on the seal quickly. Mine is for sale as stated, I could see it was worth selling now awhile it may have value.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try contacting torrie and see what they got.

Back