Trailmaster '98-'00 update... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trailmaster '98-'00 update...

Well, This is indeed good news, as I was ready to do the same thing Juan did, but since it will be out within my time frame, I will wait for it to come out. :D Don't worry folks, I'll make sure it get pictures of the modification they have to do in order to get it to work on a 95-97 Explorer. That 10% rebate sure will help out too. :D
I'm going to Ford and take pictures of the 98-00 rear torsion bar mechanism to show my shop the differance between the 2. Waiting patiently for the rest of the news. :eek: OK maybe not so patiently. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, Only 6 more days to go before the big announcement :eek:

I'm going to give them a couple of years so that I can enjoy the OME springs for a while. I'm also waiting till I pay the Explorer off so that I can get another vehicle for a dialy driver. I suppose I could get a beater, but I want something halfway decent.

Besides, if past experience is any indication, it may be a couple of years. :) OK, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. :)

YESS!!

Thank god I found this out!! I just recently bought my 96' XLT and I was hoping there was a lift kit out for it. I was dissapointed to find they stoped making them in 94 when they redesighed the Explorer. This is such good news now I wont have to go out and buy a 86-87 Blazer or Bronco. I hope the mods are minor and are easy to do. I dont know of any place near where I live that does lifts or 4x4 work. If any one has any info that may help me out here please Email me or ICQ me with the info.!!!! Again I am so siked about this lift kit that I am tempted on putting my $3000 dollar system asside for a bit! on seccont thought naw!!! heh

Hi tomfrojr,
Welcome to the website. :)
You'll need that 3k to get it modified maybe. You see, the Trailmaster lift kit was made for the 98-2000 models, not the 95-97 models. You, like me, will have to have the rear portion of the torsion bar mechanism modified in order to make this lift kit work. If you search on the site for 95+ lift kit, you'll see lots of stuff on this subject. Save your money. ;)

Only four more days folks
Can you tell I'm excided? :eek:

heh

I know what you are talking about 3K+ but that is cool I am investing that ammount into a Sterio system already so it is no surprize to me. if you are interested in finding out about the system heh I'll tell you just ask!!

Ray, I think you're more excited about the 4" lift than I was about the OME springs. :)

tomfrojr, I think that if you posted under Explorer Audio, you'd find a few interested parties. $3000, that should be quite a sound system.

Countdown, one day to go?

Good morning Rick. As far as you know, are we still on schedule to receive an announcement tomorrow? If this is finally real, I just wanted you to know that a lot of us owe a huge debt of gratitute to you and this website. Considering all that's happened, it's quite obvious that nothing at all would be planned or happening, were it not for this site's input (input=incessant whining by us :D) and especially your efforts to stay in touch with Trailmaster even though you don't even need one of these lifts.

Thank you very, very much!

Actually, I didn't word my thanks correctly.

Originally posted by GJarrett
....If this is finally real, I just wanted you to know that a lot of us owe a huge debt of gratitute to you....

Of course we owe that to you even if this is another false start; that makes no difference concerning what you have done for us.

I'd better quit trying to thank you now before I dig myself in a bigger hole trying to word it right :D

I'm going to call him first thing tomorrow morning just to make sure the kits are ready to ship. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Tapping fingers on table........

As am I.....

Can anyone fill me in on ease of installation of these type of kits?

Well? I am Waiting............Tap, tap, tap, tap
open open open, Oops! Sorry That's Mervans. :p

I'm thinking all the money people save on the 10% off should go to rick and his new dodge(he'll need it to pay all the repair bills and towing cost :p)

I was hoping to come here and it would be waiting for me....like on Christmas morning. Sigh

Please don't kill the messenger...

I called Trailmaster and the boss is out of town for a week. I can say that they didn't know who was calling at first so they weren't trying to avoid us.

I called FLY-N-HI and they said that Trailmaster sent out a product sheet on the new suspension systems. They just got the sheet this past weekend. I had FLY-N-HI call Trailmaster to see if they could order the kit...today. Trailmaster said "not for another week or week and a half".

That's where we stand. Sorry it couldn't have been better news.

That's okay Rick

I wasn't really expecting otherwise :rolleyes:, but it's fun to hope.

At least Trailmaster is consistent. :(

Well Gerald's right about them being consistant. Consistantly Disappointing!:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hehe

hehe yeah they said another week and a half. next thing you will know it is another week and a half till the real date!! JK

Any info on shops in New England that do lift's??

Back