Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great news... I just got word that a photographer from one of the magazines will be attending the run:biggthump I've been told to keep the publication hush hush for now. I will say this though, one of the attendees made this happen:chug:

As if my truck didn't look fat enough already...

I tentatively have the weekend off now, and was planning to arrive Friday in the late afternoon, but I may move that up a bit if there'll be a group showing earlier... I also might be having a buddy tag along, but he's kind of a youngster and wants to bring his bike. Don't worry though, he's a good guy and there won't be any issues with standard camp etiquette.

Do you guys still run cb's, or have you made the jump to vhf? Just want to know which one I need to install first.

hmmmmmm I'll think about it

Hey guys. Ive never been on a run with yall but I think Iam gonna be there. Ive done alot of trails out here in yuma but I dont really know what to expect out there. Ive been on the site for awhile but I consider my self inexperienced to serious off roading. Hopefully I can finally find out what my truck can actually handle and learn from you all.

Great news... I just got word that a photographer from one of the magazines will be attending the run:biggthump I've been told to keep the publication hush hush for now. I will say this though, one of the attendees made this happen:chug:

Huh...what a great idea!:D

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how we can scare up some more interest in this run?

Would love that...:thumbsup:

Give away door prizes?
Invite a Magazine again?
Invite Ford?:D
Get the word out on other boards...although not sure what we'll get:(

Hey guys. Ive never been on a run with yall but I think Iam gonna be there. Ive done alot of trails out here in yuma but I dont really know what to expect out there. Ive been on the site for awhile but I consider my self inexperienced to serious off roading. Hopefully I can finally find out what my truck can actually handle and learn from you all.

There is all kinds of terrain out there for every level. Best part is you can bypass the hard stuff and watch the "big dogs" do the obstacles.

Do you guys still run cb's, or have you made the jump to vhf? Just want to know which one I need to install first.

Yes, most still run CBs. A couple of us have VHF/UHF ham radios.

Cool. A cb huh, wife should love that. So is there anywhere I can find more info on this run.

..Keep an eye on the first post as it will update often..;)

First post has been updated...

You need to come out and play. We always have a good time. All we ask is that you bring a little firewood if possible, a chair for the fire (not to throw in, that is Rick's domain), a good attitude and proper trail etiquette. Whatever else you bring for your personal comfort is up to you.

I still remember when I first came out to Truckhaven with the explorer4x4.com group. It was, I think, in 98 or 99. I left the family at home so I could check out what kind of people they were. Realized they were a great bunch of people, great to camp and wheel with, and have been coming to events ever since. I now regard some of them as very good friends.

Tell us about your rig; lockers, lift, tires, gears, etc.. If its stockish, that is okay too. Or just post a picture.

The great thing about the Truckhaven Hills area is there is usually more than one way through a trail, lots of bypasses. If you don't want to try something, or if you are advised not to try something, or if you try and just can't get through (my favorite option), there is usually a bypass within a few yards. There are thousands of trails in a smallish area.

I will be able to make it. I plan to be there Saturday and Sunday. I just don't know whether I'll be driving out Friday evening or Saturday morning. What time do you guys plan on heading out on the trails Saturday.

Our plan is to come out Friday night.

Should be out Friday evening, unless Sarah and Rossana drive out Saturday morning, then I will be there Thursday.

I'm planning to make it out there. Hopefully Thursday night, but possibly Friday afternoon. I guess I better get around to installing my CB.

Plan on being there Thursday night, got a good bit of firewood to bring, varies along old planks and chopped wood.

..Since there is a chance to get a pic in a Magazine, Count me in..:biggthump

..I haven't kept up with all who are going so I'm starting to update the "In" list.

IN List
---------

Rick and Char
Bkennedy
Stic-O
Zukman
Tbars4
reapervilleeviltwin
rjcooperss396
Bulldozer

Maybe
mounty71
R.J.
DB_1

Copy this and add your name if you are going to attend..;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Since there is a chance to get a pic in a Magazine, Count me in..:biggthump

..I haven't kept up with all who are going so I'm starting to update the "In" list.

IN List
---------

Rick and Char
Bkennedy
Stic-O
Zukman
Tbars4
Maniak
reapervilleeviltwin
rjcooperss396
Bulldozer

Maybe
mounty71
R.J.
DB_1

Copy this and add your name if you are going to attend..;)

I'm in the out list.. Oct 26 was the only weekend in October I could not go... I'll make the MLK one instead... (the old anuual January camping trip is no more)...

~Mark

Back